Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1985 skier

Hi, can anyone tell what model drive/ propeller shaft I have. The rope got tangled today and bent the shaft, bad vibration.

Thanks

You sure you bent the shaft? Vibration can be just the prop.

Yes, I think the shaft is hard to remove, especially if you are not a wrench monkey. I'm not. One reason that it is difficult to do is you need special tools and alignment is critical, i.e., it takes a real craftsman to do this. I work as an engineer at a shipyard and understanding how to do, and doing oneself are way different. Below link, which I hope works-- first time to paste into this discussion-- or google Shaft Alignment 101--is good to get a basic understanding of all that goes into the process. Bottom Line, if your shaft is bent, Go to a Pro.

But, As jimmypooh mentioned, it may well be just the prop is damaged; if you bent your shaft you would probably know it. The prop has info stamped into it, get that info (usually dia. of shaft, size, pitch, company that made it, cupped...) Also search this site for good prop guidance. Your shaft is 1 1/8 inch or 1 inch dia.

Hope this helps. I was waiting for someone else to guide you, since I'm new, but...