Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Driver Seat Slide Mechanism Rusted Out on 93 Skier

malibuparadise

I took off the drivers seat today, as part of getting the new boat seaworthy because it was horribly tipping to one side and wouldn't slide front or back. Well, the bottom moving parts are rusted toast, with one "slide channel" almost completely gone and the rest of the parts so rusted they are un-save-able. The good thing is that the seat is the all plastic type, and it's in decent shape and can easily be put back using new fasteners, but only AFTER I find the right moving parts.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I took off the drivers seat today, as part of getting the new boat seaworthy because it was horribly tipping to one side and wouldn't slide front or back. Well, the bottom moving parts are rusted toast, with one "slide channel" almost completely gone and the rest of the parts so rusted they are un-save-able. The good thing is that the seat is the all plastic type, and it's in decent shape and can easily be put back using new fasteners, but only AFTER I find the right moving parts.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Bakes Marine

X2 for Bakes. That's where I bought replacement sliders for my '93 Echelon LX. They were a fair price ans still work well today, probably 6 years later. Just make sure that you grease them well to keep the sliding free.

I have a 89 euro F3 and this may sound crazy but I removed my seat mount all together, and like it much better. There is not much room between the driver seat and the engine on my boat so Im constantly moving the seat when I get up and move around. It makes it alot easier to move the seat how I want with it not bolted down and the wide flat base is sturdy enough that it doesnt move once you put your weight in it (IE: sit down in the chair)

• Like 1

X2 for Bakes. That's where I bought replacement sliders for my '93 Echelon LX. They were a fair price ans still work well today, probably 6 years later. Just make sure that you grease them well to keep the sliding free.

YOU ARE RIGHT!! I sent in a e-mail query, and within a few minutes had the part numbers and ordered. Awesome. Thanks for the grease tip too.

i've found that the slides hold up much better if you use rtv when securing the seat bottom to the slide.

keeps a bunch of the water out of the slide.

Another nice BUCREW tip!! Will do.

I have a 89 euro F3 and this may sound crazy but I removed my seat mount all together, and like it much better. There is not much room between the driver seat and the engine on my boat so Im constantly moving the seat when I get up and move around. It makes it alot easier to move the seat how I want with it not bolted down and the wide flat base is sturdy enough that it doesnt move once you put your weight in it (IE: sit down in the chair)