Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 23LSV vs 2007 23LSV

MarshallGreen

I just sold my 2007 LSV and have found a deal on the net for a 2006 LSV. I know the glove box, gauge color, speaker layout and rear deck are different. Anything else I might be missing? I was happy with my 2007 , but I am the type that likes to flip a boat every couple of years.

First off, if the deal seems too good to be true and it’s on Craig’s list, it is.

2007s are the Anniversary boat and come with a bit more bling around the captain’s station, chrome rims around the switches, 2007 steering wheel and shifter knob; some even have the GM powered seat. Some 2006 boats have the plastic trim around the switches and standard steering wheel and knob. Be sure to check if it is a diamond hull or a wake hull. No difference on the power wedge, 2007s had the floating wedge as well. Ballast systems are the same, windshield is the same, both years offered the billet chrome glove box or just the plastic version. More 2007 boats seem to have come with the heaters with the pop out tube feature whereas some of the 2006 boats did not have heaters. Same cooler and interior layout along with rear hatch. Some 2007s have pockets in the rear hatch doors, 2006 did not have the pockets.

Boats have the same hull and should be pretty much very similar if not almost exactly.

Indmar did a change during 2007 with the EXTCAT systems and MEFI5B that has had a tendency to require an ECM change out around 200 hours, but the 2006 is running the MEFI5A that is rock solid but does not give LCD Systems diagnostics so you need to plug in a Rinda Scan tool to check for ECM errors. Check the steering cable for any tension if the boat has over 300 hours along with the play in the cable/rudder assembly. Both boats had options of running the Rockford Fosgate P4004 amps with Sony Giga Panel head Unit and RMX55 remotes. If the stock speakers are still in the boat they will most likely want to be changed out. Yes the 2007 has the mid cabin speakers pushed forward compared to the 2006 center, the 2007 provides more cup holder access and red backside lighting on the Malibu chrome cubby bling. Check the tower bushing play, most likely you will want to install new bushings. Lighting and wiring in the tower are identical, back lighting is identical, some of the 2007s came with the underwater LEDs on the transom but both years should have LED above the swim platform. On the 2006 the depth sounder module power line connected directly to the ignition key that caused unwanted feedback on the stereo, but that was fixed in 2007.

Otherwise pretty much the same boat with a few upgrades to sport the Anniversary year.

Good LUCK

Edited by JAXONBOATS

I think the 2006 was the first year of the power wedge. For some reason my dealer said I should stay away from the 2007 model year boats I am not sure why. We where looking to upgrade to a 2006 or 2008 that he had in stock at the time.

CB

I have personally owned more then one 2007 boat and the only thing I can think why a dealer would say something like that is inexperience.

Boat dealers are (in my opinion) netorious for milking the customer when a issue arrises from the ECM, they charge for trouble shooting, and try to figure out ways to avoid a simple solution- just replace the ECM with New and all the problems go away. 2007 The first MEFI5Bs (again in my opinon) are the culprit of the issues. I have 2 friends with 2007s and both had ECMs changed out under warranty. I think Andrew at Bakes comes up with MEFI5 units from time to time and actually sells them for $500

ECM change outs are SUPER EASY- 3 plugs, 4 bolt the unfortunate issue is cost.

It might be worth asking the dealer, why they might say stay away from the 2007 to understand better details

I own a 2006 and my riding buddy has a 2007, both are 247's.

Jaxon boats gave a pretty exhaustive review.

My friend's 2007 has a dripless shaft seal, whereas mine is standard packing, that is about the only thing I could think of that he didn't mention.

My 247 has red backlight cupholder bling.