Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV Pics w/ Surfgate

GullLakeMarine

We have two 23 LSV's with surfgate in stock. We have the blue one in the water if anyone wants to stop by and take a quick demo ride.

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

Who likes the new clashing wheel option from Boatmate?

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

Let me know what you think of our color choices.

why are the screws on the surfgates not color matched from the factory? super cheap looking imo. Other than that i want one....colors are great btw

Edited by apwrx

did the blue and white one eat the Axis A22 and then steal his trailer?

Yes, the blue boat is being punished for a week because of this heinous crime.

Hook the trailer strap up, let's see how that's going to rub on the surf gate?

It goes under the gate and it doesn't even really touch it. we've seen the pictures.

Malibu is coming out with a new hook that will be attached to the swim platform mount with surfgate equipped boats.

Edited by GullLakeMarine
why are the screws on the surfgates not color matched from the factory? super cheap looking imo. Other than that i want one....colors are great btw

Maybe because they are stainless? Would the water pushing over it cause the paint to come off...leaving you with a half painted bolt? I agree, seems like something better could be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe because they are stainless? Would the water pushing over it cause the paint to come off...leaving you with a half painted bolt? I agree, seems like something better could be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a surface with continual varying load and oscillation. I'll take a through bolt 100X over some sort of blind tap or glassed in support. Rudder, platform, strut, etc are all nut and bolt.

Sort of stating the obvious, but it looks like you loose a lot of usable "hang out space" with the new surfgate deck?

I do wonder if it feels awkward to sit on the swimstep looking to the side.

I tried out Surf Gate on a 23 LSV today. Its hard to know where to start in terms of talking about it. You really got to try it.

The first thing I thought riding the wave is that people will probably build boards differently for a Surf Gate wave than other waves. The transition is so mellow you can go with a very flat board with very little nose rocker.

The wave is also more behind you than to the side of you so I am not sure the current trend of fin placement will be as optimal.

The swim platform is actually longer now, yes. It looks a lot narrower in the pictures, but standing on it does not feel narrower than my '10. It curves softly down the back now and the bottom is more filled in. Quite a nice upgrade, imo.