Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dear Malibu Boats,

Fman

I love all the new upgrades coming out on the new boats, but is it me or is it time for some rear facing seating configurations in the Wakesetter series? Correct Craft, MC and Supra all are coming out with some really nice rear facing seating options, especially the new G23. That is my one complaint about the lounge area in the VLX, no rear facing seating.

So Malibu, maybe for 2014 some new seating arrangements? :) this would be a really good motivator for me to order a new boat!

:plus1: for the seating arrangement suggestion. I love the Malibu styling over the others, but I have to put them in 3rd when it comes to interior functionality. I would like to see a 2" or so gain in seat height for more under seat storage which goes toward my first statement. I lost a lot of storage with the front ballast, better yet make the front ballast a PNP option that way you have it all.

I have always preferred the simplistic layout of a bu's interior rather than it looking like a transformer. Less stuff to break. The observer seat faces backwards, at least I hope that's how you're sitting on it :crazy:

• Like 2

Fman, go to the 24 MXZ ordered thread. Gull lake just put pics up showing pop up rear facing seats! Its like they knew this thread was coming!

I was just going to point that out. Ya beat me to it!

Those pop ups look great on the 24 MXZ. Not sure if that woould be possible on a VLX/LSV, that is a huge boat and they have much more lounge space seating to work with. Personally, would never want a boat that large... I dont even have a vehicle big enough to tow it. The Nautique and Mastercraft foldable seat is truly awesome, that is what I am hoping Malibu will eventually do. Its so simple and easy to fold it up and reconfigure in seconds.

Edited by Fman

Which seats are you referring to on the MC? I looked at a X25 and the only flip up seats were on the transom/sun deck and would not be usable unless you were parked. I agree those seats would not be functional in a VLX, but slightly possible on the LSV. I have only seen pictures of the SAN since we have no dealer close.

Fman, go to the 24 MXZ ordered thread. Gull lake just put pics up showing pop up rear facing seats! Its like they knew this thread was coming!

I think that those pics got censored. :cry: :cry:

Please post a link if they are there and I was just blinded for a moment.

Which seats are you referring to on the MC? I looked at a X25 and the only flip up seats were on the transom/sun deck and would not be usable unless you were parked. I agree those seats would not be functional in a VLX, but slightly possible on the LSV. I have only seen pictures of the SAN since we have no dealer close.

I am refering to the new xstar and g23 rear facing folding seat. The Supra SA also has a rear facing flip up seat and rear facing seat behind the driver. Not sure about the x-25.

I am refering to the new xstar and g23 rear facing folding seat. The Supra SA also has a rear facing flip up seat and rear facing seat behind the driver. Not sure about the x-25.

Where would you propose putting the seat? Those boat are bigger both in beam and length...within the VLX that may mean losing cabin space?

Here are a few examples of rear facing seating in 22' and smaller boats currently on the market....the Nautique 210 is smaller than the VLX, and they have a full center seating area and one behind the drivers seat. The Supra SA is 22'6" long and has the seat behind the drivers side and the flip up passenger seat. The seat behind the drivers seat is a cooler, which I really think is a great idea. Nice use of space to free up some more under seat storage where the cooler is in the VLX.

Nautique1.jpg

SupraSA5502.jpg