Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Change - Extractor Pump

I am going to be borrowing a buddies mightyvac 7400 to do an oil change on my boat this weekend.

It looks like I can use the hole in the dipstick to get the oil out? Is there any way to hook it to the oil drain hose coming out of the bottom of the oil pan.

vac.jpg

My hose was not long enough to go thru the dipstick, so I used the oil drain hose to do it with. I had almost given up and used the drain hose by itself, but was going to make a huge mess since my drain hose would not reach either of my plug holes in the bottom of my VLX. Ended up working great thru the drain hose.

I have the same one and works great in my direct drive but you never get all the old oil out, still works good for a mid-season change though. My buddy used it for his V-drive and when he was done he attached the tube to the drain hose and he got another 1/2 qt out of it. It also works to get the water out of the bilge that the bilge pump doesnt get

So the clear plastic tube will slide up into the drain hose or is there a fitting that goes over the threaded position on the end of the hose

The tube slides into the drain hose without any problems at all.

I am going to be borrowing a buddies mightyvac 7400 to do an oil change on my boat this weekend.

It looks like I can use the hole in the dipstick to get the oil out? Is there any way to hook it to the oil drain hose coming out of the bottom of the oil pan.

Yes, and I recommend you do that, you will extract more oil and not risk breaking the extractor tube while it is shoved down the dipstick hole. Doesn't happen much, but I have seen threads on it.

Just get a brass fitting that screws onto the end of your drain hose that is already screwed into your pan, two small hose clamps and a small section of plastic tube to connect the pump to the drain. You can find all of that at an Ace, Lowes,etc.

Mine came with a garden hose adapter. Using an adapter from Home Depot, I attached an air hose quick connect. I then connected the other end of the quick connect to the drain hose (fit perfect). I have a natural gas standby generator that has the same hose, so I connected another quick connect fitting there. Now I can quickly connect the extractor to either hose and drain in less than 10 minutes. I can complete an oil and filter change on either engine in less than 20 minutes!

I have a 12v one that works great. I also put the extractor hose a couple feet into the drain line. A nice trick I learned on this site was to take the rubber insert out of a spark plug socket and use that to seal the end of the drain line. The rubber insert fits perfectly around the brass fitting and the extractor hose fits perfectly in the center of the insert. I change the oil in 15 minutes including filter change and don't get a drop of oil in the boat. (thanks in large part to the remote oil filter). I just loosen the filter enough that I can turn by hand, put a large ziplock bag around the filter, unscrew the filter then seal it in the bag.

I need a new extractor who has the best price right now? Also, is there one that's better...I've had the someone for awhile. This time I'll be using it at the marina, is there one that's better for that application?

I have a 12v one that works great. I also put the extractor hose a couple feet into the drain line. A nice trick I learned on this site was to take the rubber insert out of a spark plug socket and use that to seal the end of the drain line. The rubber insert fits perfectly around the brass fitting and the extractor hose fits perfectly in the center of the insert. I change the oil in 15 minutes including filter change and don't get a drop of oil in the boat. (thanks in large part to the remote oil filter). I just loosen the filter enough that I can turn by hand, put a large ziplock bag around the filter, unscrew the filter then seal it in the bag.

Nice tip!!

I need a new extractor who has the best price right now? Also, is there one that's better...I've had the someone for awhile. This time I'll be using it at the marina, is there one that's better for that application?

I ordered the one the op posted yesterday off ebay for $62. Should be here by Monday :)