Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone in Dallas area with a VTX w/ diamond hull?

flapjack

I'm really thinking about buying a VTX this fall, but I have been unable to find one to test ski. I'd be willing to pay someone to take out my wife and I for a quick, 30 minute set.

WSA doesn't have one.

Edited by flapjack

Hopefully I can report on very soon with center pylon as well.

What is the real purpose of the forward center pylon? Did they move tracking fins forward as well? I'll be curious to hear how the boat tracks through the course.

I'd really, really like to test drive one of these things.

I think it's more to do with mounting the ski pylon in the same place where dd mount it. Like someone said earlier, the tower will get in the way at short line lengths. I have a VTX diamond and love it. Ski, wakeboard, surf. Mostly free ski at 32 MPH, 22 off (I don't have center pylon) I love the wake, soft and flat. Not a direct drive but the wake isn't holding me back. Even free skiing it can get pulled around a bit. Haven't been through the course yet.