Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I control the tower speakers (on or off)?

dougs09chally

wedge88,

If you have no more than four in-boat speakers then you need a two-channel amplifier that is both 2-ohm stable and has a variable highpass filter. If you have dash speakers then you may want to consider a four-channel amplifier instead so that you can gain the dash speakers independently to offset for their positional advantage and better balance them with the rear cockpit speakers for example. I can only give you the applicational information on the forum. Others here may have specific brand/model recommendations for you.

David

After doing a little more research on exact model numbers I think I have found a solution to my issues. The HU is a Sony CDX-MP40 with front and rear outputs (dual RCAs). Right now both front and rear RCAs run to my Sony XM-4060GTX 4 channel amp. I have channels 1 & 2 for my towers speakers and channel 3 is bridged for my sub. I also have a 1 channel amp in the garage from a sub I pulled out of my truck so my thoughts are to leave the towers the same and re-route the 4 cabin speakers to channels 3 & 4 (parallel) on my Sony amp while putting a PAC LC-1 for the rear channel (between HU and Amp) and another PAC LC-1 for front channel (between HU & amp). This would allow line level control of both tower and cabin speakers off the same amplifier. I could then put the sub on the other amp with another PAC LC-1 for a third zone control. I am trying to save some money using this other amp as I only plan on keeping the boat one more year and then moving up. Any potential issues?

I could also "Y" the output of the PAC LC-1 to both cabins speakers on channel 3&4 on the Sony amp and to the line input on the 2nd amp so I could control both cabins and sub from one PAC LC-1 which would only require the purchase of (2).

Edited by wedge88

I added the wet sounds last year and really like it. I can control volume bass mid and treble independently tower vs cabin for everything. Also the pa is perfect for providing instruction. And when folks in the boat don't want loud music it comes in real handy. One of the best things I have bought for my bu

• 1 month later...

I have the AudioControl EQ. Vs. the WS EQ this one has the same frequency adjustments for in boat and tower speakers and no PA, but does allow separate control of the sub and it sounds AWSOME!!

Best addition I make to the stereo system.

If you are getting a new boat you can easily keep the EQ when you get rid of your current boat and add to the new boat. They will make pretty much any system sound better.