Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Length of a 247

Sunscape fan

Is there anyone that can give me the total length of a wakesetter 247 from bow to stern including the power wedge? Also what is the total length with the swimstep attached to the boat? We are looking at getting one and I need to know if it will fit in the space I have or not. Thanks.

tongue should be a swing away so no additional length there

boat is 24'7" plus maybe ~12" for the swim step. If you take swim step off the wedge still adds another ~6"

mine with the trailer and swim deck I need 31 feet i would save about 8" with the swim deck off and wedge stowed, if i deploy the wedge and pull the swim deck I can probably gain about 12-16" I don't have a swing tongue but a swing tongue would give you another 12-18" off so i would say you need at least 28'6"

Right now I have a 2007 23lsv sunscape...the trailer is an extreme with a swing tongue. The tip of my bow sits right at where the swing is on the tongue. The new trailer would be a boatmate. So they stick out further than the boat before they swing? We are moving and I want to be able to get a garage that will house the boat. And the house is being bought before the boat so that's why I need the length.

tongue should be a swing away so no additional length there

boat is 24'7" plus maybe ~12" for the swim step. If you take swim step off the wedge still adds another ~6"

Huh? :no:

Swim steps are a lot wider than 12". Mine adds about another 26" past the rub rail. Removing the step saves about 14" off the overall length (back to the wedge). With swing away tongue mine trailer still adds another 5" or so, YMMV.

So you are looking at 27'-2" total length, give or take depending on trailer and actual swim step on a 247.

Edited by MalibuTime

Right now I have a 2007 23lsv sunscape...the trailer is an extreme with a swing tongue. The tip of my bow sits right at where the swing is on the tongue. The new trailer would be a boatmate. So they stick out further than the boat before they swing? We are moving and I want to be able to get a garage that will house the boat. And the house is being bought before the boat so that's why I need the length.

Oh, that's easy then. 40' deep garage with a 12' wide x 12' high door. :thumbup:

For what it is worth, here is a picture of mine on an extreme trailer. It looks like the break in the tongue is quite close to the nose, definitely within a couple of inches, if not less. The wedge in the up position appears to be within 8 inches of the back of the swim platform anyway. I may get a chance to measure later tonight. Let me know if you really need it.

My official guess is going to be 24'7" + 3 inches for tongue, + 10 inches for wedge all the way down without a swim platform = 25'8".

IMG_1743.jpg

Edited by TallRedRider