Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 MXZ Spray Gate

pkh

I know this is an old thread, and people might not be looking at this anymore, but at my Malibu dealership in Salt Lake City, Utah, the 2014 22 MXZ has an added piece on the surfgate that covers up the gap that the 22 normally has. I should've snapped a picture but didn't, I'm gonna email the dealer and ask him to send me one. I'll post it when I have it. I still haven't been on the water to verify that the 22 MXZ doesn't spray, but the dealer (maybe not 100% reliable haha) says the spray is gone.

Also, dealer said this piece can be added to the older models, so this could be good news for MXZ owners. Definitely worth asking your dealer at the very least.

I know this is an old thread, and people might not be looking at this anymore, but at my Malibu dealership in Salt Lake City, Utah, the 2014 22 MXZ has an added piece on the surfgate that covers up the gap that the 22 normally has. I should've snapped a picture but didn't, I'm gonna email the dealer and ask him to send me one. I'll post it when I have it. I still haven't been on the water to verify that the 22 MXZ doesn't spray, but the dealer (maybe not 100% reliable haha) says the spray is gone.

Also, dealer said this piece can be added to the older models, so this could be good news for MXZ owners. Definitely worth asking your dealer at the very least.

Here the little tab on a 22mxz...it has to be put on perfect to work

9991061034_506d13426d_b.jpg

image by Afun2011, on Flickr

It's just a pic not video

Edited by Afun
  • 5 years later...

@blandband

can you email those instructions to me i only need the last part for deflector sent you a message with it

or post them with a browser instead of tapatalk, i can barely read them here and real nervous about this,  didn't know the deflectors out there for sale came with a template and great lakes is no help

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

@blandband

can you email those instructions to me i only need the last part for deflector sent you a message with it

or post them with a browser instead of tapatalk, i can barely read them here and real nervous about this,  didn't know the deflectors out there for sale came with a template and great lakes is no help

You need it in the Axis? I’ve never seen them installed on an Axis, only the MXZ line. 

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

You need it in the Axis? I’ve never seen them installed on an Axis, only the MXZ line. 

even with the lighter rear weighting y’all recommended surfing it was still there,  my listed up side with the active surfgate extended still sprays huge and its 4 to 5 inches if the total gate height out of the water at rest

isn't an a20 in essence a 20 mxz, same sort of shape in the rear from pictures above, sort of the same except my 14 paddle is lower to swim platform but i seem to have a big transom indent in the back that probably makes it worse as the water funnels out of the indent

tried to upload picture of rear but it failed to upload for technical server comm error it said

Edited by granddaddy55
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

even with the lighter rear weighting y’all recommended surfing it was still there,  my listed up side with the active surfgate extended still sprays huge and its 4 to 5 inches if the total gate height out of the water at rest

isn't an a20 in essence a 20 mxz, same sort of shape in the rear from pictures above, sort of the same except my 14 paddle is lower to swim platform but i seem to have a big transom indent in the back that probably makes it worse as the water funnels out of the indent

tried to upload picture of rear but it failed to upload for technical server comm error it said

We are having some issues with uploads. 

I was just curious. I thought they were designed for the mxz line only. They are similar but not the same to the axis line. Could still help you but may not fit as well.