Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 questions

Shaboy6

Hey guys I'm looking to ad to my tower currently running wetsounds 3 some with syn 6 which is great but lookin for more. Looking to keep what I have and ad 1 pair of rev 10's. Will they mix well with the old 3 some or will it not sound right?

Second question is if I add the rev 10's I'm torn on what amp to run. I have 2 choices my buddy is selling both a arc ks 300.2 and a alping pdx 4.150. Which will match best give most power and be most efficient.

Just to be perfectly clear, are you currently running a Pro485 center and a pair of Pro80's on the sides as your threesome?

The Pro80's are loud and have an extremely bright sound..

If it were me, I would REPLACE the Pro80's with a pair of Rev10's....since the Pro485 was a warmer sounding speaker it will be a closer match to the Rev10's...

As for the Amps, what are your running for in boat speakers, subs and amps?

Look if you were starting from total scratch you would run similar speakers in both type and size as a matter of summing more efficiently. In your case the type, size and output is so similar once powered similarly that it shouldn't be a concern.

David

J.b yes 1 485 and 2 pro 80's. I have 2 fosgate p3 12's with a fosgate T 1000.1, running wetsounds inboats total of 4 off a fosgate P 500.

David you don't think there would be to much difference in that setup. What about the difference in amps that I stated. Thanks guys

Shaboy6,

Like I wrote above, normally I am a major advocate for symmetrical tower systems. But in the application you described this is very close to symmetrical. All big boys. All HLCDs. All similar in output. Close enough. No concerns here.

I don't want to get into brand to brand comparisons. But on your own, you can look at the amplifier power comparison specific to your application (stereo vs bridged, impedance vs impedance) and make your own assessment. Also, look at the maximum 2-ohm power which will provide an indication of potential headroom. Just go by the numbers.

David

I understand, don't want any brand bashing going on. The only reason I asked is because I have done searches on both amps and it seems that there's mixed reviews on actual power ratings. Some say arc under rates also does alpine so I was just lookin for input from people that might be running either amps for the rev 10's.

Sure, it's true that many of the better products are conservatively rated.

Consider this....a one/third increase in power will generate a little more than one added decibel of output. One decibel is the lowest threshold the human auditory system can detect in an ideal environment. With a high noise floor from wind, ambient noise sources, etc., there is no way can can tell a one dB difference. Those are physical facts.

Again, one way is to go strictly by the published numbers knowing both are good numbers. Even though you may not be running both amplifiers at their lowest 2-ohm load, the 2-ohm power tells you the limit and also the headroom of the power supply.

David