Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 VRide UNDERheating

Hi all

My boat is 345 hours.

Until yesterday she always runned between 71 and 73°C at any RPM.

But yesterday after 3 hours of wakeboarding i noticed that my temp went down to around 68°c on both digital and analogic gauges, for a while, the temp would go down to even 62°C when i was accelerating to 4000 rpm.

During my trip back to the harbour, the temp seemed to stabilize back to a normal 72°C.

What could have happened, also i don't think it is serious, i'm questionning about it.

I think it is not related at all but (as on a previous topic i posted a few weeks ago) i'm still considering changing the exhaust manifolds at the end of this season.

Do you think that the decreasing temperature can be linked with an internal water leak?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but i prefer to be sure.

Thanx all in advance.

In fact i use my boat in brackish water but i rinse the circuit after every use with clear water.

No sign of trouble from the exterior, but everybody here say that after 6 years i jeopadize my engine.

The thermostat is a cheep fix. It cold be hanging up. Not hard to try.

Everything is a nightmare here in france as no parts are available and when they are they cost the price of their weight of gold lol

Everything is a nightmare here in france as no parts are available and when they are they cost the price of their weight of gold lol

I would give Bake's Marine a call here in the states. Their parts are affordable and I'd be willing to bet they'd find a way to ship stuff to you that won't kill you either.

In fact i use my boat in brackish water but i rinse the circuit after every use with clear water.

No sign of trouble from the exterior, but everybody here say that after 6 years i jeopadize my engine.

I use my boat in salt water and flush religously, and I know my manifolds are probably rusting inside. I added an inter cooler before I did the salt water fun, so any problem with manifolds rusting won't hurt the engine, right? If one rusts through I should know real soon due to smoke in the box. Or? Thanks in advance for Bu Wisom.

I would give Bake's Marine a call here in the states. Their parts are affordable and I'd be willing to bet they'd find a way to ship stuff to you that won't kill you either.

I'm a really faithfull client of bakes ;-)