Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ANY BAREFOOTERS USING STAR GAZER OR PP

JB-FOOT

Hey Crew,

Are any of you barefooters using a cruise control system and having good results while barefooting at speeds of 38-43 mph?

In a previous boat 2000 Air Nautique and also in my V-Drive Tige`, I had PP make me a specific BAREFOOT CHIP that worked at speeds over 36 mph....

But now with the new GPS based systems, I am not sure if it will be needed or not....

Also, my boat I am looking to add cruise control to, (94 Echelon with a 454) is not throttle by wire....it is throttle by cable.....

I have been in a 2008 Nautique that had Star Gazer in it and every time we went under a bridge, it cut out.....not fun at all.....

We have lots of bridges we go under every time we foot, so if this is an inherent problem, I will want to stay away from a GPS based system...

Hoping the barefooters can chime in here on this subject.....

Thanks

JB

Edited by JB-FOOT

i've used pp digital pro for bf runs for a decade.

speed is easily dialed in using the jump settings.

just give it an rpm and you are golden.

edit: added the following

multiple footers? no problem. set yourself up as "jump A", next guy as "jump B" and so on.

easy.

Edited by tvano