Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 24 MXZ has been ordered

Rcraighughes

Why would they show tubing first in that video? In fact, why would they show tubing at all??

Did anybody else notice the rear facing seating?? That's new!

Also the integrated HARD cooler (looks like the same white Igloo cooler found in MC and CC boats).

Also there appears to be SeaDek all over the bow and along the gunwales and three sets of cleats (I guess you can do that on any boat but you rarely see it).

Finally, looks like they ditched the Cipa mirror on the G3 arm. That looks like that fancy new wide angle mirror (forgot the name).

Edited by IXFE

Why would they show tubing first in that video? In fact, why would they show tubing at all??

Also the integrated HARD cooler (looks like the same white Igloo cooler found in MC and CC boats).

Also there appears to be SeaDek all over the bow and along the gunwales and three sets of cleats (I guess you can do that on any boat but you rarely see it).

Finally, looks like they ditched the Cipa mirror on the G3 arm. That looks like that fancy new wide angle mirror (forgot the name).

Poor Form on the tubing...

The rear facing seating looks great as does the cooler... I prefer that style cooler over what we get in our VLX's. Thats not Sea deck.. It was an option in 2012 to get that grip tape stuff on the top deck. Old School Malibu has it on his boat and I will be getting on my next one as well.. PTM Edge Mirror.. Saw one at my dealer last time i was there and they are really nice...

If the 24 MXZ can provide the same or better wake for surfing than the 247 LSV, I will be ordering one at the boat show, and selling my 23 LSV. Based on the video, the surf wake size is not even close to what I have seen behind a stock 247 LSV. That concerns me...

Looking forward to a demo day!!!

Poor Form on the tubing...

??? Because it's popular and helps sell boats.

Show a quick shot of tubing (maybe~5 seconds in a 1:40 commercial). Yeah, sure why not. We have a nice tube my wife let's exactly no one use, but we don't have kids, so... But to open a commercial for a new boat with a wakesurfing specific feature with a long bit with the tube? Bad form. Bad form indeed.

If the 24 MXZ can provide the same or better wake for surfing than the 247 LSV, I will be ordering one at the boat show, and selling my 23 LSV. Based on the video, the surf wake size is not even close to what I have seen behind a stock 247 LSV. That concerns me...

Looking forward to a demo day!!!

Yeah, the advantage is that can use more weight. The disadvantage is that you may have to. We didn't see any of the side spray across the swim platform in this video. Can't wait to start sac'ing out to see how much weight it takes. MXZ has a 450 up front so that should help with overall ballast and bow rise.

The flip up seating on both sides and the seats above the swim platform means a lot fewer strained necks. I'm super stoked. Although our dog is going to have to find a different favorite spot. :)

So, so pumped about the integrated hard cooler and hinged top. This is an answer to a prayer! Now I need to cancel my sign-up for an AO.

I think the SeaDek is an option, but may be standard. Time will tell.

Like the looks of the new mirror. However, I hope it can see a surfer under the bimini but over the back deck. Key challenge on the Stella.

Edited by Tyger

Like the looks of the new mirror. However, I hope it can see a surfer under the bimini but over the back deck. Key challenge on the Stella.

I can see the surfer on our VLX under bimini with the PTM mirror perfectly.

Well the boat builder for the 24 is finally active. I think we are going to stay simple again with black and white. White deck and hull base - black hull and accents. thoughts and or am open to suggestions

• 3 months later...