Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 24 MXZ has been ordered

Rcraighughes

Since yellow/black is one of my favorite color combos this boat looks amazing. After looking at the photos the rear hatches look really small. I am curious how there is room for an engine in the rear. Am I missing something about the basic design of this boat or is it an illusion that the rear hatches are typical size but look small on such a large boat? Has anyone considered serviceability of the engine, do you need to be a contortionist?

those pics of the 24 MXZ sure look good its nice to see how they put most of the extra room in the back where its needed most. Now just to see how the surf wave is i hope its better then the 22 MXZ because that wave isnt to impressive yet anyway.

There are no pictures in this thread...Did they get censored?

The 24 is going to be released at Surf Expo in a few weeks, so you'll see plenty of pics after that. But in the meantime pkh is correct. The bow of the 22 and the rear seating of the 23, together make up an awesome 24, with some cool additions.

The work space in the engine compartment of a 22 is a bit tight, so they created some additional room for technicians in the 24. Didn't affect the boat, but the dealers will love it.

Peter

So does anyone no the weight of the mxz 24 yet ? Is it a lot heavier then the 247 lsv?

I heard dry weight is actually just a little less less than the 247. It will be interesting to find out for sure.

on the website the 24 looks smaller than the 23 LSV behind the windsheild but that is on the build a boat pages so i'm not sure how accurate that is. I still prefer more room behind the windsheild, but still think these are sweet rides... :)

on the website the 24 looks smaller than the 23 LSV behind the windsheild but that is on the build a boat pages so i'm not sure how accurate that is. I still prefer more room behind the windsheild, but still think these are sweet rides... :)

They haven't updated the graphic, so it's just the same picture as the 22. I've heard that the MXZ 24 will actually be 247, so the cabin should be at lest 7 inches larger than the 23 LSV cabin, if that makes sense.

Well you can see they scrapped the rear vents. Good move to keep water out of the engine compartment and the bilge going wacko when surfing.

look at that surf pic. To get mine sunk even to the rear chrome Malibu decals while underway I gotta go real heavy.... and thats leaning it all on one side. Even weighting like that would require more. That is some major sackage and wedge action going on there to sink the rear of that boat so low. I would estimate those trunks maxed out with 750-1100s + all stock ballast and max wedge.

I would love to see a clean shot of the surf wake.

1F1C3592.jpg

1F1C4460.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Edited by nyryan2001
  • Like 1

Not a fan of those colors but the boat is looking sweet. I've seen video of the surf wave it puts out too and it looks like its on point with the best SG waves seen so far.

Now where can I test drive one?

well for one im pissed ive never seen water that smooth. lol. and would like to see what its like to ride in water that smooth. boat is sick though. those 4 people in the back arent even close to each other that boat looks sweet. would like to see what kind of wakeboard wake it throws.