Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 24 MXZ has been ordered

Rcraighughes

Not much to post, but am so excited had to put it somewhere. I just came to terms with dealer for my new 2013 24 MXZ.

Still have to finalize colors as new color scheme is different than the 22 but I love it... downside is its not available in boat builder yet so cant see my million different combos.

Some of options I am getting are 450 hp LS3 and...

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System

Lights - Docking (Pair, Stainless, 6 LEDs Ea)

Battery Set Up Option - Option 2

Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair

Lights - Transom Underwater (Pair, 9 LEDs Ea)

Wedge - Power

Ballast HI FLO - Rear PNP Plumbing

Wakesurf Technology *Same color as the Swim Platform N/A with

Manual Wedge

ENGINE FEATURES

Prop - High Altitude (V-Drive 14.5x14.25)

STEREO FEATURES

Switch - Rear Lounge MUX

Sound System - MXZ Pack (8" spkrs)

TOWER FEATURES

Bimini - Commercial Sewing for Illusion G3 (Hinged)

Knobs (Pair, G3)

COMMERCIAL SEWING

(Light Gray) CS Boat Cover - w/Tower Cutouts (G3)

ENGINE

Monsoon 450HP 427/LS3 6.2L CAT

What is the cost of the cover compared to an Evolution?

If you decide on a custom cover you might have to wait if you're one of the first with that boat. They will need to get a pattern made. CS will have the pattern directly from Malibu.

I had the opportunity to drive a 24MXZ yesterday. Boat handles better than the 22 and has a wake similar to the X-star. I'll post some pics when I get back to MI.

-Trevor

Trevor

Please post some pics and any more info when you have a chance

as far as price difference - you can expect 10+ over the 22, but keep in mind this is a bigger heavier boat - so went to the 450 as well

Edited by Rcraighughes

Will be pulling with a tundra rock warrior so no towing issues

Not sure on weight. I'm guessing an extra 500-1000 lbs on the way high side over 247

those pics of the 24 MXZ sure look good its nice to see how they put most of the extra room in the back where its needed most. Now just to see how the surf wave is i hope its better then the 22 MXZ because that wave isnt to impressive yet anyway.

I really like it, they kept the MXZ style and made it bigger. I was worried ... I have preferred the VLX styling over the LSV, the LSV seemed kind of watered down bigger VLX.

Now as long as the Surfgate wave works as well as the other boats, its a home run.