Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Dollies.

Ronnie

Is anyone using trailer (auto) dollies to move your tandem trailers around in your storage buildings? Is there any clearance issues with using them on all four wheels with the small space between the wheels?

31jmNsoEmJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ronnie, make sure you do the math on those dollies. I bought some for my old boat, but the rating was too low for a SA trailer and they bent. I have the jack up kind that were given too me and they work great on the truck, but not as well on the LSV as they are at the rated limit. The weight being concentrated closer on trailer wheel bases, plus my pimp @ss low profile tires don't help any.

I bought 4 of the hydraulic lift kind from Harbor Freight. They were by far the cheapest price around and the jacks seemed to be good quality and they worked well.

I bought 4 of the hydraulic lift kind from Harbor Freight. They were by far the cheapest price around and the jacks seemed to be good quality and they worked well.

Same here. no issues on the tandem trailer

jkendallmsce

I have the torsion types axles on my trailer, and i can lower the tongue enough, that I can walk the trailer around with a little muscle...Probably can't with regualar axles.

On 7th summer with the Harbor Freight hydraulic wheel dollies and have to use them every trip to get my boat in and out of my garage.

I bought the regular wheel dollies from Harbor Freight no problem with clearance but I folded the caster wheels in on the second time I used them. I am looking at the hydraulic ones now.

CB

I use them to put the boat in the garage for winter storage. I bought 4 but only use 2 under the rear axle, it's enough to get the trailer straight in the garage. I found spraying the concrete with some water helps get them moving with less effort. I think you would only need 4 if you have to push the trailer sideways into position.

I use them to put the boat in the garage for winter storage. I bought 4 but only use 2 under the rear axle, it's enough to get the trailer straight in the garage. I found spraying the concrete with some water helps get them moving with less effort. I think you would only need 4 if you have to push the trailer sideways into position.

Why do you need any if your just pushing the boat straight back?

Scott