Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pull App for IPhone

bcf2003

So I found out through a friend of mine that just toured the plant, that the 2013 lineup is gonna be able to connect to your phone via Bluetooth. Download the app, set your ballast options, wedge setting, and speed; it connects to your phone through the bluetooth and sets the boat up specifically for you! Soo amazing. Now I just need to find an app that puts the kind of money needed to buy a new 2013, right in my pocket! Yes please!!

• Like 2
martinarcher

I knew it was only a matter of time. I've been writing some Android apps to control LED's wirelessly and figured sooner or later Malibu would integrate an app alongside the Malivue. Pretty cool IMO. :) I love nerd stuff. :)

• Like 2

I agree with Martin. It was only a matter of time. You can crank, shut down, locate and set your radio station the new Chevys with your phone, why shouldnt you be able to adjust your ballast and control your stereo in your boat?

Edited by JIMJOM

I wish they would pull the screen off the malivue and just use and ipad or something. When you buy a tournament bass boat, they don't usually come with the electronics; they come with a place to put aftermarket electronics.

I wish Malibu would give us a hole the size of an ipad with a connection to the computer in lieu of their screens. I'd trust replacing an ipad every couple of years over trusting the screens they put in the boat for 10 years.

Edited by flapjack
  • Like 2

Wow that's pretty cool. What will they think of next.

Next you'll be able to save an image taken from your tower camera of the wake at every setting to your app, so when you open the app, you just click the wake picture you want and presto it appears behind your boat. If not, maybe I should add that feature :) I wonder if Malibu would publicize their api for us iOS developers to write our own :)

Edited by augie09

The only benefit I can see to this is if you go on other people's boats often as if you ride on your own boat, you'd have your own presets. While it sounds cool, bluetooth to work you typically have to "register" or "connect" your iphone to the vehicle / boat for the bluetooth connection to be made. This is typically a process in and of itself instead of just saying "fill er up" or "half full".

Not sure this provides real value other than "bling factor".

Edit: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. It's a neat idea. I'm just wondering if there is a specific use case this fills that doesn't exist today.

Edited by wakeboarder3780
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if the perfect pull is worth $250 but I might pay that for the side benefit... (from thtrog's link)

Streaming music to the boat’s audio system AUX input is an additional benefit of the Mobile Device Gateway

• 1 year later...

The only benefit I can see to this is if you go on other people's boats often as if you ride on your own boat, you'd have your own presets. While it sounds cool, bluetooth to work you typically have to "register" or "connect" your iphone to the vehicle / boat for the bluetooth connection to be made. This is typically a process in and of itself instead of just saying "fill er up" or "half full".

Not sure this provides real value other than "bling factor".

Edit: I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. It's a neat idea. I'm just wondering if there is a specific use case this fills that doesn't exist today.

Pretty much my thoughts. I guess if you had a regular crew it would save a little time between sets.

• 3 years later...

Anyone ever able to get this to work? i have the option turned on in my settings (2016 23LSV), and it says that it sees my phone, but the phone says it is only connected to 'ViperII', not the common name ('Malibu Boat') listed in the settings. the mobile app is never able to find the boat.

Plus, when i try to go to www.perfect-pull.com, the web page is dead, so i am not able to find any support

16 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Works on my 14...

15 hours ago, Stevo said:

Works on my 14'

much easier then entering the settings manually 

Same on my '14.  I'm seeing a trend.