Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My view from the driver's seat this weekend......

KinPA

That's in East Brady on the Allegheny River. I've spent a lot of time on Shenango and Conneaut but I bought a weekend spot in East Brady a few years ago.

martinarcher

That's in East Brady on the Allegheny River. I've spent a lot of time on Shenango and Conneaut but I bought a weekend spot in East Brady a few years ago.

Nice! I'm jealous! I've never been out that way. How's the river there? In Franklin it's all jet boats as the water gets really shallow on the Allegheny. I didn't know how far south you had to go to get safe water. Any good public launches? We'll have to check it out sometime.

OP: I see that you are in Butler. I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up. My mom grew up there and I spent summers there with my grandparents. Some fond memories. My dad is from Washington, PA. Cool picture.

I didn't grow up with boating, so I don't know much about the lakes and rivers there.

I learned to ski in the upper Chesapeake, but have done the vast majority of my watersports in the Pacific NW.

East Brady is the northern most pool of the Allegheny in our area that you can still get deep water. It's 9 miles long until you get to the next lock as you travel down the river. There's a nice public launch with plenty of parking and there's usually a band playing on the water or you just chill out for the day in "Redbank", the party cove, or surf, wakeboard, or any other reason to untie the boat from the dock.

As for being in Butler, Smithsonian magazine rated it this year as one of the top 20 small towns in America! Come back and check it out! I grew up here, moved away for 5 years, and now I'm back so I can care for my parents.