Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Cruise Issue

My cruise control is acting screwy in my 08 LSV. I set it and it runs till it hits the desired speed. Once it hits speed it beeps and then keeps going, at which point it reads "speed over". Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Maybe needs to be calibrated?

Is your paddle wheel in good shape? With ours, the cruise pretty much didn't work and we replaced that paddle wheel and it worked again.

Are you keeping the arrow in the correct spot? I'm sure you are but just thought I would ask. I know on my 11, if you don't keep the arrow in the "box" it will speed over. Why Malibu made it like this I have no idea.... My old boat you could just peg the throttle and would lock on.

Are you keeping the arrow in the correct spot? I'm sure you are but just thought I would ask. I know on my 11, if you don't keep the arrow in the "box" it will speed over. Why Malibu made it like this I have no idea.... My old boat you could just peg the throttle and would lock on.

I have mine all the way down, thats what I was told by my dealer,

Hmmm... If I peg the throttle it will not hold speed and over ride speed control displaying a speed over on maliview in red. I have always had to keep the arrow in the "box". Maybe the '11 is different?

Hmmm... If I peg the throttle it will not hold speed and over ride speed control displaying a speed over on maliview in red. I have always had to keep the arrow in the "box". Maybe the '11 is different?

No, you are right. My 07, 011, 12 all will go over speed and control will go overspeed. I have the arrows that you are talking about.

One other note, the maliview has different screens to use. One screen does not show the "box" to align the arrow, the other will turn green, display speed on and beep once. I prefer to use the screen with the box, its much easier to see that the speed control is engaged.

There are specific instructions in the owners manual about throttle position. You will find that running it too low may cause the speed control to drop out, likewise running too high may cause it to overshoot.

Capture-1.png

Capture.png

Edited by thtrog

I did not realize you could buy a VLX without Maliview? First one I have ever heard of not having it. Here is the screen I use, this is towing my son this evening, never had a problem with speed control deactivating.

MALIVIEW.jpg

Unfortunately Mine not so smart, I don't have Malview, But I do have those indicators in Black & Gray, But again my dealer said Floor it, I will have to ask them again,

I typically drive my boat up to speed, hear the speed control lock and the throttle is about 3/4...take a quick glance and it's usually in the gate. Try it the next time out, unfortunately misinformation gets out even from dealers.

I did not realize you could buy a VLX without Maliview? First one I have ever heard of not having it. Here is the screen I use, this is towing my son this evening, never had a problem with speed control deactivating.

MALIVIEW.jpg

Ya I got a great deal on it, last one no power wedge or Malview, Believe me It was a Hugh up grade from my 04 i traded in on, next one will have it, and hopefully Surf gate!!!!