Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thermostat at Napa?

Hey peeps, does Napa or any place like that sell the correct thermostat for our boats or do I have to order through Skidim?

05' VLX, Monsoon

• 1 year later...

Napa has always had it on the shelf whenever I've tried. But I always bring the old part in to compare to the new part. Otherwise their chasing & cross referencing part numbers & it never seems to work out.

From my experience the replacement thermostats from Napa and SkiDim are not the same. The ones that come from Napa have lower quality gaskets.

From my experience the replacement thermostats from Napa and SkiDim are not the same. The ones that come from Napa have lower quality gaskets.

and a recent thread points out that, unlike an automotive cooling system, we run lake water and don't get the benefit of a corrosion inhibitor in the system.

and a recent thread points out that, unlike an automotive cooling system, we run lake water and don't get the benefit of a corrosion inhibitor in the system.

Some of us do. :)

I wish there was proof of this. If was even remotely true, my boat would be falling apart. Not to mention countless neighbors & ski buddies who I've been around over the years.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 4 weeks later...

does anybody have a NAPA part number? I tried there yesterday and they could not find anything.

Might be a little late, but for anyone who's interested, the NAPA part # for a monsoon 350 (2011) is 33006S (160F)

Cheers.