Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 LSV No Forward Or Reverse

Hello fellow crew members, I have a problem with the Bu and need some suggestions. While surfing the rider went down so I cut the power, turned around and then put the boat in nuetral. Went to start surfing again and have no forward or reverse, motor revs and that's it. I checked the shaft and it is intact, selonoids seem to be working fine as well. Any suggestions?

If you can, grab the prop and try and move it forward and backward. If you can, that means the driveshaft came loose from the coupler. Had that happen to me a couple weeks ago.

Follow the tranny cable from the tranny up it should be in a holder with a locking latch. Mine fell out one day when tthe latch wasn't closed fully. Had the same symptoms.

if trans shift is cable driven consider the problem i saw on my '04:

the bolt securing the linkage at the transmission was never tightened sufficiently and it allowed the shift arm to rotate on the shaft that enters the trans.

all of the transmission (including this linkage) is painted gloss black so it made it very difficult to actually see the shift arm slip relative to the shaft.

good luck w it.

If you can, grab the prop and try and move it forward and backward. If you can, that means the driveshaft came loose from the coupler. Had that happen to me a couple weeks ago.

Happened to me last year , got my buddy to bring me some bolts , fixed on trailer , back on water same day !! I had 4 bolts break , must have hit something ?

My 2011 247 lost reverse only. it turns out there is no cable for the tranny. there is an actuator that had to be replaced.

So I was correct? With as smooth as the shift is on my '11 I was thinking it would be impossible to have a cable. My last boat had a cable and there is a huge noticeable difference between the two.

As dumb as this sounds, I would try turning off power. If you have a battery switch turn it off then on. An amazing amount of problems can be "fixed" by rebooting the computer.

My 2011 247 lost reverse only. it turns out there is no cable for the tranny. there is an actuator that had to be replaced.

Holy crap, that is catastrophic.... like loosing your breaks on a vehicle. Hopefully you were not pulling up to a dock or picking up a skier in the water when this happened????

Holy crap, that is catastrophic.... like loosing your breaks on a vehicle. Hopefully you were not pulling up to a dock or picking up a skier in the water when this happened????

It actually happened on Shasta, when we were pulling up to one of the floating bathrooms! I nearly ran into the dam thing. The bad thing was, not only did I have no "brakes", but when I put it in reverse and gave it some throttle to slow myself down, the boat just surged forward because it was still in forward gear.

It actually happened on Shasta, when we were pulling up to one of the floating bathrooms! I nearly ran into the dam thing. The bad thing was, not only did I have no "brakes", but when I put it in reverse and gave it some throttle to slow myself down, the boat just surged forward because it was still in forward gear.

That's brutal, I had the exact same thing happen in my old tige only it was the shift cable that broke leaving it in forward gear. I was coming up to the dock to pick up 4 chicks that me and a buddy had met the night before and slowed the boat right down and pulled it into what I thought was neutral, then moments later went to give it a shot of reverse. Instead of stopping the boat and pulling the back towards the dock the boat shot forward slamming right into the dock making me look like a total rookie. Caught me totally off guard and took me a minute to figure out that I didn't in fact to anything wrong

Glad we don't see too many posts about these cervos going out....that could really be a bad deal. Was the fix fairly easy? Malibu warranty it?

Malibu covered it, The boat only had about 10 hours on it at that point. Took it to the dealer, and it has never happened again so far. Now my power wedge... well thats another story...