Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ignition Problems

I have a 2006 Sunscape. The key turns 360 degrees. It will keep going around as if no stops. When I get it to the right position it will start and run. It is not loose on the mounting. Seems to be internal. Happened right at the end of a great day on the water. I do not trust it until fixed. Any ideas? Do I need to replace the entire switch?

Please mark all wires before removal

Yes you need to replace the entire switch. This is not hard. First mark all wires for prior to removal. Remove the wires from the rear of the switch, then remove the switch form the dash panel. Take the OEM switch with you to match up to a replacement, west marine should have some as will the larger auto parts stores. You can also try your dealer (if local).

And remember please mark all wires prior to removel :)

Just bought a OEM from Bakesonline.com

Disconnect battery first also you can just change out one by one to the other switch a little easer and faster.