Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Studs, what do you think?

I recently lost some of my trailer hub studs while DRIVING and I've not replaced them and fixed it all up, but now I am worried about the other side as well, what do you guys think about the quality of the studs on my other hub? Should I really be so worried because they're rusted a little? I'm pretty sure I'm fine but I'm wondering what you guys think! Thanks in advance!

20120817_170224.jpg

20120817_170234.jpg

Sorry,

Getting to this a little late.

I specifically remember in Mnhays orig. post (with the roadside pics of his boat being towed on the trailer) that he stated that he hadn't checked the lug nuts in some time. That was most likely the cause of the failure on the side of the trailer with the broken studs.

Considering that the other side was subject to the same lack of maintenance (no disrespect Mn) I'd suspect that those studs are suspect. I would be replacing all the studs on both sides of the trailer and putting anti seize on them while installing the new lug nuts. This is not something you want to fail ever again.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Sorry,

Getting to this a little late.

I specifically remember in Mnhays orig. post (with the roadside pics of his boat being towed on the trailer) that he stated that he hadn't checked the lug nuts in some time. That was most likely the cause of the failure on the side of the trailer with the broken studs.

Considering that the other side was subject to the same lack of maintenance (no disrespect Mn) I'd suspect that those studs are suspect. I would be replacing all the studs on both sides of the trailer and putting anti seize on them while installing the new lug nuts. This is not something you want to fail ever again.

Pete has spoken. Replace wins.