Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Did Malibu change emblems in 11?

wakesetter8796

The stainless steel emblem found on 07-10 boats I think looks different from 11-12. Did they change the emblem? Where could I find it? There is only the 07-10 one on bakes.

Which is cheaper? Which do you like better? Where can you get the bubble one? Why did they switch?

Sorry, that's a lot if questions.

Cheaper? Don't know.

Like better? The newer one. No holes to drill and less upkeep (don't need to polish the plastic like you would SS)

Where to get? Dealer, maybe?

Why did they switch? See question 2. Also, probably easier to access and cheaper to make. Chrome plastic has been the automotive industry standard for decades. Not too many car names being bolted on anymore.

You can get both from Bakes. I just ordered the billet emblems for our V-Ride. Ironically, the billet one-piece emblems are less expensive than the bubble chrome stickers. Go figure.

The billet has adhesive on the backs, so you don't have to actually screw them into the hull. (the adhesive is reportedly VERY strong.) I've been told that you can even put fake screw heads into the screw bevels to clean up the look, but you don't have to screw them into the hull, the adhesive is more than enough.