Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Servo Motor Perfect Pass

Looking for someone w/ a Wakesetter w/ Monsoon who has pulled the Servo motor. It hasn't been stopping at the set speed for boarding and I want to test it before I spend the $$ to replace it. Can someone describe where it is located? I hunted through the manual but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Looking for someone w/ a Wakesetter w/ Monsoon who has pulled the Servo motor. It hasn't been stopping at the set speed for boarding and I want to test it before I spend the $$ to replace it. Can someone describe where it is located? I hunted through the manual but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Near the rear of the engine there is a bracket attached to a water hose. On this bracket is a cable/string a black knob a gold resistor and a black cylinder. The cylinder is the motor. Move the knob back and forth. It should move free with the key off. If it does not the motor might be locked up. If it is remove the knob by backing the set screw out a couple turns. Use a pair of pliers or some. Use grips to free it. Better yet, remove the motor, disassemble, clean the motor with some wd-40 and a stuff plastic parts brush. If the motor is bad it's $139 from perfect pass. The entire bracket assembly is $189. Because perfect Pass is in NS Canada shipping is a steep $35-$45.

Yeah you guys may be right. I have an 08 and I always just assumed that it had PP but now that I picture it, I guess it is a Malibu control system. So I guess my new question is: Why would Malibu OEM speed control not lock in at a certain speed? I put the throttle down and it just keeps going. It beeps upon reaching speed though...