Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TaylorMade Crap Service

Just an FYI - I was in need of replacement top frame piece on my walk-thru windshield so contacted TaylorMade about purchasing a new one and was quoted a price of $135. Today I see that my card was charged $225 by TaylorMade, so I emailed them about the price difference. The reply I got was "There is the shipping and handling charges". Are you f-ing kidding me? $90 shipping and handling for a $135 part? It's only about 20" of aluminum, too, not exactly expensive to package and ship. What a crock of sh-t! When it arrives I'm thinking about throwing a few bricks in with it and sending it back COD.

ebay mentality--whatever you want in profit, make up the difference in shipping.

Happened to me on some suspension parts recently. When they arrived at my shop I weighed the box and went online for a price to ship from me to them using the same shipping company. Called and politely told them what I found and that I didn't see the need to mark up shipping. I was refunded the difference (over $100).

• Like 1

I would simply call my credit card company and DISPUTE the charge based on above. It's an easy process, I think, especailly when you are in the right. PM me for hints on how to ensure you win.

ebay mentality--whatever you want in profit, make up the difference in shipping.

Happened to me on some suspension parts recently. When they arrived at my shop I weighed the box and went online for a price to ship from me to them using the same shipping company. Called and politely told them what I found and that I didn't see the need to mark up shipping. I was refunded the difference (over $100).

Out here in Hawaii we get taken all the time. I have heard far too often that merchants farm out the shipping to another co. and that co. takes their cut (which ends up being a punch in your nose). As long as they do it right, buy or not....