Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Response dash speakers

MalibuTim

I am replacing the speakers in my boat and was wondering what the best way is to do the dash speakers? Does the windshield have to come out or can the dash be moved to have better access?

If the windshield has to come out is it very difficult?

I did a search and couldn't find anything around the same year.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 06 V-Ride I just pulled the windshield out it is a very easy job most are just screws but a few are nut and bolt in the corners so keep that in mind you may want to go ahead and tint the windshield while you have it out. Just a idea I wish I would have. Also I had to do a little cutting on some fiberglass to get my new speakers to fit so before you buy you may want to get the old ones out and see how much room you have. The cutting was small and not a big deal.

I agree with Bradley. I have a 98 response and was hesitant on pulling the windshield but its a very simple job. I pulled mine twice because I decided to tint it so just do it once if you think you might go that route.

Thanks guys, it was as you said, i removed the rubber at the base of the windshield and removed the screws and the three nuts and bolts in the corner of the window. Unfortunately the new speakers did not solve the crackling sound from the dash speakers!

Next i'll check the amp I guess.

I would run new wires if I was you. You can buy a wire feeder at lows it makes it a lot easer to run the wires under the floor. Just in case your not sure where to run them under the walk thru area. Hope you get it fixed!