Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Welcome input on a prop recommendation

tommytg

I tried digging around and doing a search, but it gets a bit confusing :(

I've got a 2011 23 LSV with the standard monsoon and standard 537 prop. I'm looking for a replacement/spare prop. Ideally would be nice to have something with a bit more low-end, but something that's not going to rev too high when the throttle is wide open. We don't add any weight above stock ballast, and primarily board at sea level, but we do have a place in Tahoe, and do take it up there at 6,000 feet.

Was planning to order a 1235, but I'm open to and appreciate any suggestions...

Tommy- I have a 2002 23lsv that came stock with a 381. I was thinking about upgrading to the 537 but found out it wouldn't give me enough with just adding 750s in the rear locker and a 680 in the ski locker I though the only solution was the 1235 - which would have given me a better hole shot that I was looking for but at the same time it would have killed my top speed and fuel consumption. Someone on here suggested the 1273- I did a little research on it and called acme and talked to them about it too- they were real helpful. Since I put on the 1273 I've only had the boat out twice- but it pops right out of the water and has a lot more torch to it - didn't notice any fuel difference and only lost 2 mph off my top speed.

I called Todd over at ACME - he was real helpful. Just tell him your boat - and ballast setup etc and he can tell you what each prop will do for you and give you a suggestion what he thinks you should run. stepping up to a 14.5 diameter made a huge difference for me though.

Todd

1-888-661-ACME

I have a oj fusion (same specs as 475) that I'm gonna sell (going with something more aggro) if interested pm me...

I have this same prop now, coming from a 537 it is a great prop and we actually droped RPM at WOT. Review link.