Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft and Nautique having huge problems with engines!

malibu.c.c

I frequent the Tige website about as much as this one. Tige's new boats use PCM engines and it seems I have seen very few complaints. There was some glitch with the 409 HP, but PCM got a fix out and I haven't heard anything since. Mostly just crickets over there as far as any engine problems.

I somehow missed the hull crack Nautique thread...where is that? The thread referenced above could have even been a gelcoat crack for all we know. Without pictures, it didnt' happen. I want to see a true Nautique G23 fiberglass crack before any further rumormongering occurs.

Edited by TallRedRider

He didn't say all Mastercrafts and Nautiques are garbage, he said Mastercrafts are having engine issues (true, see above), and G23 having crack and tranny issues (also true from what I've heard, in fact they had a boat go down at Wake games this year as I recall).

I think the reason the OP got the response he did because he talked about how awesome his Malibu was and how many problems the other 2 manufacturers are having. There may be truth to the statements the OP made, however the manner in which it was presented certainly seemed to suggest "malibu is the sh*t and everything else sucks" which I think everyone can agree is the opinion of someone who wears owners goggles so thick they can't see reality.

I don't want to get into an argument (with you, 85, or the OP) but I think there are more constructive ways to put forth the point he's making by simply stating facts. I think it's important to try to remain objective which means you understand that each boat is in the top 3 for a reason. There is no "winner" hands down, just a boat that suites you best personally.

Edited by wakeboarder3780
jkendallmsce

One thing some are not realizing is wakeboat makers are pushing these newer boats to extreme limits. Heavier weights, monster wakes, huge motors, 24'+ boats, etc... trying to take the sport to the next level. Unfortunately with these modifications there are problems and bugs to work out... this also includes Malibu.

I wont comment anymore on this, it just seemed to be a little harsh on Illmor, MC, and CC.... just my opinion.

That is what I have been complaining about with most everything new on these boats,, There is no testing, we are their guiena pigs when it come to testing new electronics, engines, whatever.

A perfect example is all the folks with LS3 engines overheating...it is not the engine, it is the addition of a heater and or shower that creates the problem...If proper beta and alpha testing had been done, the overheating problem would have been discovered...Instead, I and many others are the guinea pigs and then Malibu and Indmar come back with some mickey mouse solution, that is no solution at all. merely a band aid to fix a broken leg.

That is what I have been complaining about with most everything new on these boats,, There is no testing, we are their guiena pigs when it come to testing new electronics, engines, whatever.

A perfect example is all the folks with LS3 engines overheating...it is not the engine, it is the addition of a heater and or shower that creates the problem...If proper beta and alpha testing had been done, the overheating problem would have been discovered...Instead, I and many others are the guinea pigs and then Malibu and Indmar come back with some mickey mouse solution, that is no solution at all. merely a band aid to fix a broken leg.

Tell us how you really fell!!!! :Tease3:

• Like 1