Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft and Nautique having huge problems with engines!

malibu.c.c

Mastercraft owners/dealers are having huge problems with illmor engines !!!

ilmor will not help or deal with dealers or owners and they need to go to mastercraft direct ..mastercraft will

not answer ....mastercraft is going down the drain ..it has been sold too many times and has nearly filed for

default as well afew rimes... they couldnt even get the 2012 xstar ready for 2012... ..

now nautique is having problems with the pcm catanium engine ... it doesnt work right ..too many problems..

and as for warranty ,,,no comment ..

this info is from dealers in europe that are having big problems that i spoke to recently...

seriously they bring out a 2012 xstar that never makes it to production...

correct craft brings out G23 that the hull cracks and transmissions blow...

Congrats to malibu for the MXZ ..they either got very lucky or did their home worK!

amazing smooth ride over double ups and rough water ! excellent boat !!

cant wait to order mxz24!!

a boat that works... unlike its competitors with facy towers that break downs and hulls that crack...

This is a joke right? You're saying all Mastercrafts and Nautiques are garbage, yet you have no facts.

This thread is going to end up on other boating sites and you are going to give us all here on TheCrew a bad name.

Edited by jetskipro550
  • Like 4

Must be an insider at Mastercraft with Access to the opperating statement. Oh shoot I read some more he must be an insider at CC. Oh no I was wrong he is an insider with all the European dealers.................anyway like he said they have nothing left and they are just going to give up and Quit. Shoot my Bu is tied the dock tonight and I came to town to read this................. should of stayed at the lake.

if i knew it was such a touchy subject i wouldnt have bothered...

what did i say wrong???

was there a 2012 x star ??? NO

did the hulls crack and transimissions blow on the g23 ?? YES

dealers for malibu can speak with indmar and get an answer ..can they speak with ilmor or do they get sent to mastercraft ???ASK AND FIND OUT !

are the new pcm engines having problems ??? ASK AND FIND OUT !

has mastercraft been sold more then 3-4 times and even recently ??? do a web search !! has mastercraft ever filed for default ???

DO A WEB CHECK AND SEE !!

were the new towers on tha mastercrafts having problems??? CHECK AND SEE !!

now everything i wrote you can check online and see or ask a dealer ....

thought we were here to share info .....

even indmar is having problems with the new exhuast system... CHECK AND SEE .... but at least these guys

try and help and warranty service is alot better then others...

and yes i know alot of dealers....

thanks and have a great day .

and i didnt mean to offened anyone or their boats...

I've heard about Ilmor issues specifically related to cooling. As for Mastercraft financial trouble, this is from 2009 where suppliers were asked to take cents on the dollar to allow Mastercraft to stay open and in fact as is pretty well known they shut down for an extended period of time:

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/498708-mastercraft-plan-avoids-bankruptcy-filing

It's also my understanding that change to Ilmor relates to Roger Penske's new ownership of Mastercraft and Ilmor

This is a joke right? You're saying all Mastercrafts and Nautiques are garbage, yet you have no facts.

This thread is going to end up on other boating sites and you are going to give us all here on TheCrew a bad name.

He didn't say all Mastercrafts and Nautiques are garbage, he said Mastercrafts are having engine issues (true, see above), and G23 having crack and tranny issues (also true from what I've heard, in fact they had a boat go down at Wake games this year as I recall).

I don't see the big deal honestly. No one has said anyone is perfect. OP simply pointed out there are some issues with MC and CC. Fman, I believe you even posted about G23 tranny issue or cracking did you not? what's different?

Ok, think you are going over board. We are asked all the time what we think of Mastercraft and Nautique. A doctor right up the road has a X2 2012 and he has had it about 4 months and been in the shop 3 time and the shop is 4 hours away. I don't think we should just bash them all the time but it is good to know what is going on with them. I'm not a big Mastercraft fan but I do like the older Nautiques but the only way for me too keep up with the times on the other brand boat is for it to be posted. If people get on and check the crew out they will see we tell it like it is and that is the way it should be. We have 15,000 members I don't think we all think alike. So there will be times when people don't like what is being said. As long as you don't cross the line let it ride. LOL

I don't see the big deal honestly. No one has said anyone is perfect. OP simply pointed out there are some issues with MC and CC. Fman, I believe you even posted about G23 tranny issue or cracking did you not? what's different?

Yes I did. It was a reply to a thread... and it was a true statement. I just don't see the point of starting a thread about how terrible a competitors brand is.

There have been plenty of posts on this site about major issues with newer Malibu boats. A few have even been stranded, or in the shop for months because they can't figure out what is wrong.

I guess I believe in kharma, there is no boat that will not eventually have issues, new or old. Mastercraft and nautique make incredible boats. I just rode behind a 2011 xstar, they are great boats.... Again, starting a thread like this just seems pointless to me.

Fman, the other thread was for the purpose of "reporting" on G23 hull problems. Here ya go:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38055-cracked-hull-on-nautique-g23/

OP didn't say anything was terrible. He said, specifically to MC, that there are issues with ilmor engines and dealers getting help. Plenty of new Malibus have more than their share of issues which get their share of attention here as well. I really don't see the big deal or why this thread is special in any way. Other than Mastercraft dealer issues not getting help everything OP said is all over the internet already. It's well-known that Dorton was no longer going to be CEO at Mastercraft as of this summer and that the production x-star was phenominally late.

One thing some are not realizing is wakeboat makers are pushing these newer boats to extreme limits. Heavier weights, monster wakes, huge motors, 24'+ boats, etc... trying to take the sport to the next level. Unfortunately with these modifications there are problems and bugs to work out... this also includes Malibu.

I wont comment anymore on this, it just seemed to be a little harsh on Illmor, MC, and CC.... just my opinion.

It's funny how things have come full circle. I remember water skiing back in the late 80's and marveling at how flat the wake was on the '86 Malibu Skier we had back then. Loved it. I still love it, and have an '89 Skier now which looks just like it. Light, dead simple, clean lines and cheap! Back then you had a boat, motor, and a ski. That's it. Boring? Well, maybe but it seemed plenty exciting at the time.

Of course, she doesn't make the wake that's sought after these days, but my knees couldn't handle much more than the ripple she puts out anyway!

Things change, and that's probably good.

Edited by CliffB
  • Like 2

..................but my knees couldn't handle much more than the ripple she puts out anyway!

Things change, and that's probably good.

Time to get on a foil, old timer. You don't need knees to ride it. And it's fun to show up the young kids with more air than they can get on anything else behind the boat. :rofl:

As for the original topic, frankly it's old hat. One brand owner slams other brands. I've owned a Malibu & an MC. I bought them both for the features they had at the time..... NOT for the company or it's owners. MC doesn't build a boat any more that I'm particularly interested in. But I have had a really good time in & behind a couple of them. And while I would never pass up a ride behind the new G23, I don't think it's very practical (size, weight, etc.).

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

One thing some are not realizing is wakeboat makers are pushing these newer boats to extreme limits. Heavier weights, monster wakes, huge motors, 24'+ boats, etc... trying to take the sport to the next level. Unfortunately with these modifications there are problems and bugs to work out... this also includes Malibu.

I wont comment anymore on this, it just seemed to be a little harsh on Illmor, MC, and CC.... just my opinion.

True, but what does a systemic cooling issue with a new brand of engine which has zero track record in the ski/wake category have to do with pushing anything to the next level? These issues are not limited to any particular model and the VAST majority of mastercraft's lineup has been around for years.

True, but what does a systemic cooling issue with a new brand of engine which has zero track record in the ski/wake category have to do with pushing anything to the next level? These issues are not limited to any particular model and the VAST majority of mastercraft's lineup has been around for years.

With a name like "ILL MORE" it is not confidence inspiring.