Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TE Ski Park, Bangkok, Thailand.

Timmo

Thought I'd share a recent experience I had at the Total Entertainment Ski Park in Bangkok. It's situated on the outskirts of Bangkok (approx 45 min taxi ride from central Bangkok)on a lake created by previous excavation for a building site, it's approx 800M * 300M and I believe about 40M deep in the middle. It's run by a former Wisconsin resident Geoff Penn. Geoff travelled the world with ski shows for many years and eventually settled in Thailand about 12 years ago where he started TE. He runs 3 boats, an American Skier (which I'd never heard of before) for slalom, a huge Natique for wakeboarding and an 04 Response which is currently out of the water undergoing repairs. His clientel come from all over the world for ski and wakeboard coaching and riding. The day I was there I did 3 seperate runs up the lake and back in water that was around 31C, beautiful. As I didn't have my own gear with me I used one of the parks Connelly F1, which I'd never skied on before but went OK, didn't attempt the course though. Geoff's a very laid back guy and makes you feel very welcome, and offers some good tips even though I wasn't having an official coaching session. I also met Dave, a Boise resident who lives for 6 months of the year in Thailand is a champion trick skier for his age goup(approx 60 I think) and a great slalom skier.

I know Thailand is a long way from the US but if anyone is over here on holidays and fancies a ski this is the place to go. Australia is closer though and so you Aussies drop in, as I know Thailand is a popular destination for Australians. Geoff has had a bit of a hard time of it recently with first the political unrest which kept tourists away a couple of years ago and then the devastating floods of last year which covered the complex in about 2M of water for several months, but I think things are looking up. There is a lovely resort complex a couple of Km's down the road where visitors can stay and where incidentally Geoff and his staff live and conditions are A1 all year round. Great spot and I'll definitely be returning.

Canteen area, great Thai and Western food

te14.jpg

Natique & American Skier, Dave from Boise in picture

IMG_0372.jpg

Poor excuse for a skier

te1.jpg

Dock with some of the gear

IMG_0374.jpg

Edited by Timmo

Nice report, Timmo!

We were in Thailand last year but leave the airport at Bangkok - waiting for a flight to Chiang Rai.

If I'm ever over there again, looks like an interesting opportunity!

At first I thought it was Andy Mapple holding that rope...

Nice report, Timmo!

We were in Thailand last year but leave the airport at Bangkok - waiting for a flight to Chiang Rai.

If I'm ever over there again, looks like an interesting opportunity!

At first I thought it was Andy Mapple holding that rope...

Thanks Greenman, yes it's a very nice place, very Thai if you know what I mean!! Unfortunately I'm often confused with Andy Mapple's more talented, but reclusive elder brother!!!