Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Height from top of folded G3 tower to ground

caw32073

I am looking at a 2012 VTX. The boat has a boatmate single axel trailer. Can somebody with this set up measure the distance in inches from the highest point on the G3 tower to the ground when the tower is folded down as far as it goes? I know if the middle cross bar and board racks are removed the highest point on the tower should be the pointed angle on the tower that is folded next to the gas shock. I have a standard 7 ft high garage and I measured at about 84" from top to concrete floor to get intot he door opening. If I can't fit the boat intot he garage I guess I am out of luck as I will not store it outside or off site. Thanks for the help.

Not sure of the height, but I have a 2012 on a dual axle Eagle trailer and to clear my 7ft door I have to remove the rear hoop, racks and rear bimini support. I have 1" or so clearance. A little time consuming but absolutely worth it.

The trailer and tire size will affect the clearance. I had to lower my SBT trailer 1.5" to clear my 7'4" garage opening. You really need to find the boat and measure yourself, especially if you are that tight on clearance. My gut feeling is you will not clear a 7' garage with any G3 tower, regardless of model.

My 2012 VLX on the standard dual axle boatmate trailer measures 6'11" at the tip of the tower leg when folded. With the board racks and tow hoop removed (or the custom straight hoop installed) that is the highest point. A 2012 VTX should be nearly identical, but I do not know if a single axle trailer would be taller.

Edited by Brett B