Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Line X Ski Platform

Headhunter 2317

After pricing a new fiberglass platform, I've decided to go with a Line X covered version. I'm trying to decide between making my own platform or taking my teak one down there to get it sprayed. I took it to have the LineX man look at it and he says that they can spray it easily without messing up the function of the Wedge access door. I pretty much have my choice of colors and textures. He says they have done several of them in the last few years and had zero defects in any of them.

I love the look of the teak but the idea of a NO maintenance deck is very appealing these days.

Any thoughts?

After pricing a new fiberglass platform, I've decided to go with a Line X covered version. I'm trying to decide between making my own platform or taking my teak one down there to get it sprayed. I took it to have the LineX man look at it and he says that they can spray it easily without messing up the function of the Wedge access door. I pretty much have my choice of colors and textures. He says they have done several of them in the last few years and had zero defects in any of them.

I love the look of the teak but the idea of a NO maintenance deck is very appealing these days.

Any thoughts?

I've seen one in person, looked great. Go for it!

Any thoughts?

I thought teak was no maintenance Biggrin.gif

I love my Line-X liner in my truck bed, but I'd be concerned about the final surface on a swim platform. My liner is like 60-grit sandpaper. That wouldn't be good for the "hind-quarters" when trying to slide in off that baby. I'd ask the Line-X guy if he can make it a little smoother than usual. I think it's a great idea, but be careful with the coarseness (if that's a word) of the final finish.

I love my Line-X liner in my truck bed, but I'd be concerned about the final surface on a swim platform. My liner is like 60-grit sandpaper. That wouldn't be good for the "hind-quarters" when trying to slide in off that baby. I'd ask the Line-X guy if he can make it a little smoother than usual. I think it's a great idea, but be careful with the coarseness (if that's a word) of the final finish.

You can get it in almost any texture ranging from really rough to completely smooth. I am thinking about pricing out line-x for our trailer...

QUOTE: liner is like 60-grit sandpaper. That wouldn't be good for the "hind-quarters" when trying to slide in off that baby. I'd ask the Line-X guy if he can make it a little smoother than usual.

He told me he could make it butter smooth if I wanted it. Or anywhere in between.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics as well. I love my teak, and take the time to care for it, but would be tempted by something that always looked good and didn't need the maintanence.

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics as well. I love my teak, and take the time to care for it, but would be tempted by something that always looked good and didn't need the maintanence.

I'm with you on that. I hate the maintanence of my teak platform

I'm with you on that. I hate the maintanence of my teak platform

I did a thorough job on it last year and within a month it was looking rough. Maybe that is a good sign that I got a lot of time on the water. Biggrin.gif

I was thinking of going with dark blue to match the gelcoat or tan to match the interior and trim color? I know I will get non sugar coated feedback from my BU Brothers (and sisters). :lol:

The bimini will be tan with a blue or black stripe.

Thanks

Edited by Headhunter 2317