Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Insert

Greg_S

I had trouble getting a straight answer on whether carpet savers were still available from the dealer...at least for a RLXi. If they were available, cost was estimated at $250.

Visited the TN plant last August. Talked to the folks there about it. One of their vinyl/carpet guys offered to make one for me for less than $200. Only caveats: no rubber backing (like an automobile floor mat) and no attaching hardware. (On my winter to-do list is to order the attaching hardware.)

PM me if interested and I can forward his contact info.

my 06 vlx option was $350 ;)

That's how much I was told. Just didn't believe it was that much.

Yea but in the grand scheme for a 60 plus boat it's a small percent to save the carpet IMO and it makes it easy to clean. Pull it out, hose it off and let dry.

2 Thumbs Up,

Can you post a picture or two of the insert in your Response LXi.

Thanks!

ALH

Okie,

Boat is in storage for the winter. Was looking for an excuse to head over there to check on it! Will try to get over there next weekend.

I'm in the same boat. I want to get one too, I just talked to my dealer and for my 05 VLX they said its going to be 350!!! Thats alot for carpet. So I think I'm going to talk to my budy that has the same boat with one and just ask to borrow it and take it down to a local shop carpet/seat shop and have them copy it for alot less!!!

my 06 vlx option was $350 ;)

That's how much I was told. Just didn't believe it was that much.

Yea but in the grand scheme for a 60 plus boat it's a small percent to save the carpet IMO and it makes it easy to clean. Pull it out, hose it off and let dry.

i figured it would be worth it ;)

I went too CostCo over the wkend and they are selling indoor/out door carpet for $25. It is the same gray as my boat carpet. So I borrowed my buddies carpet protector from his VLX and cut the $25 carpet to match. It lfits perfect and ooks just as good!!! Honestly its the same carpet, it has the plastic lining on the bottom and everything. Might be a way to go and save $325!!!

It's really easy to do it yourself, but if you want to spend a little more just go your local upholstery shop and they can save you a grip of money too!

I will post pics this wkend when I get home of my work.

2 Thumbs Up,

Can you post a picture or two of the insert in your Response LXi.

Thanks!

ALH

Here are some pictures of my carpet saver. I am ordering some attaching hardware this week.

P1000821.jpg

P1000826.jpg

P1000823.jpg

2 Thumbs Up,

Thanks for posting the pictures. What type of mounting hardware do you plan to install? Also, does the carpet saver extend, under the back seat, to the rear of the boat?

If you don't mind, can you PM me the contact information.

ALH

2 Thumbs Up,

Thanks for posting the pictures. What type of mounting hardware do you plan to install? Also, does the carpet saver extend, under the back seat, to the rear of the boat?

If you don't mind, can you PM me the contact information.

ALH

Okie,

The carpet saver does extend all the way under the back seat. Here is a link to the mounting hardware, I am going with....Carpet Saver Hardware Look for the Snap-Fast brand midway down the web page.

I believe this type of hardware was used previously by Malibu. Lower profile than some of the other snap hardware I found. Will post some pics once installed.

PM with contact info is on the way.