Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Ski for Youth

Tom Sawyer

One of my relatives is buying a slalom ski for her son for his birthday. He is around 13 years old and weighs 80 - 100 lbs. He became solid getting up on one ski last Summer. I doubt he'll see a course any time soon. That said, she wants to get him something nice.

Suggestions...

The HO Revolt is a nice Jr ski, but is on the aggressive side. It can be used by the recreational skier up through competition.

There is also the HO Judge, which is also a nice ski, but geared more towards the recreational skier.

They both have good youth graphics.

I'll take a stab at Mikes suggestion, a CDX :lol:
HO Jr CDX has been a good ski for my kids...

Tongue.gif

Actually, I was going to suggest the Revolt. I've never even heard of a Jr CDX... Dontknow.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add. My older boy (12) has a Mapple 61...very good jr ski as well.

Edited by NorCaliBu

They stopped making the CDX Jr. a good long time ago from what I remember.

I picked up the HO Judge for my son last year and he likes it. Of course, it's his first real slalom ski and it's not like he would notice the difference between a Judge, a Revolt or anything else for that matter.

Mike

I'll take a stab at Mikes suggestion, a CDX :lol:
HO Jr CDX has been a good ski for my kids...

Tongue.gif

Actually, I was going to suggest the Revolt. I've never even heard of a Jr CDX... Dontknow.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add. My older boy (12) has a Mapple 61...very good jr ski as well.

Maybe they don't make it anymore. Seems like I just bought it. Well in that case I would suggest HOs or Obrien's best Jr. slalom.

Check out the HO Rival. The description fits for your nephew. The Revolt for '06 is a new design and is a smaller version of the System 8.

The Judge looks to be between the Rival and the Revolt.

The Judge used to be (could have changed now) a cut-off version of the Esprit. I've been told that it's the same mold, just 4" shorter. It's really stable (if our daughter can ride it anyone can!)...

• 2 weeks later...

our son (12) uses a HO Judge. It's taken him 1yr of playing to chnage from two to now getting deep water starts everytime & doing full course sometimes. I expect there is a lot more in the ski yet, several seasons before we'll need to look at changing it