Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower question

blubu

I have an 05 VLX with a Titan III tower. In order for me to put it in the garage, I have to remove the front portion of the tower. It will not fold down low enough to enter my standard garage. The back portion of the tower folds back fine. It is the front portion I have a problem with. Soes anyone else have this problem? If so, what kind of solutions do I have other than completely removing the front portion?

are you folding it forwards or backwards? you can lower the front section to lean over the bow. Then make a pvc pipe stand for it if you want.

I have an 05 VLX with a Titan III tower. In order for me to put it in the garage, I have to remove the front portion of the tower. It will not fold down low enough to enter my standard garage. The back portion of the tower folds back fine. It is the front portion I have a problem with. Soes anyone else have this problem? If so, what kind of solutions do I have other than completely removing the front portion?

How far off are you (how much more room do you need for it to clear)? Do you have the lowrider option on your trailer?

I am about a foot too high. I appreciate all of your responses.

hyperlitenerd- If i fold the front portion back, it rests on the windshield frame and ends up way to high. To be honest with you , it has been in the garage so long that I do not remember what happens when it goes forward. I have thought of making a stand for it. And if any has made a stand, please let me know how it was done.

jetskipro550- great idea! I will gove that a try. I have low profile tires, so letting air out of the tires will not make much of a difference.

wakegirl- I used to live in Bend for 4 years. Love it up there. I don't remember how much I need to clear the garage. Yes, I have the low profile set up.

LS-one- what is a tow spindle?

If you don't need a lot, you could always just switch the hitch on your tow rig to one with a lot of drop on it to get the tongue down. That may get you in. (I'm not recommending that you use one that would put you out of level all the time, just to get in the garage.)

I think that LS-1 was referring to the tow spool on top of the tower.

I measured my vRide with the Titan 3 folded down (to the back) and it measured 7' 9" to the highest point. I'm guessing you have a 7' garage door? I would be very careful folding the front bow forward as it wasn't intended to go that way. I can envision the weight of the tower cracking gel coat if not supported properly. I could be wrong, but just be cautious when/if you try it on what the tower is resting on. Removing the tow spindle off the tower isn't going to buy you anything as it isn't the highest point when folded. Your best option is getting the front end as low as possible and backing/pushing the boat in that way. Hopefully that will be enough.

there has been alot of posts the last couple years about tipping the wishbone part of the tower forward to get more clearance for the door. there are a few pics around showing the "prop-pole" that rests on the trailor tounge. i do this every week with mine and it allows me to get my vlx with the titan II under a 7' door opening. it rests on the "prop" just before any part of the tower touches the gel-coat,,,so there isnt any chance of damage to it.