Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer step (non-skid)

My trailer has the non-skid pads on the fenders and the back steps. The ones on the rear

have came off along with the ones on the fenders that have the malibu cut out. Does anyone

know where to get these or know a good substitute for them.

I bought a sheet of .063 bright aluminum diamond plate, cut out the pieces, and riveted on. The .063 is thin enough to bend around the contour of your fenders.

I tried those bright treads on my last trailer. With the high mineral content in the water on the Brazos here, they were dull after the first time out. Wasn't long before they were just plain fugly. If you have good water they will be fine.

rbh,

Just out of curiosity, what brand trailer do you have? Extreme?

The name on the label is sweetwater??? never heard of them before. Can't find them on the web.

Brandon

Edited by rbh98
Here's what we had on the VLX. Worked out real well. We got them from Eric at Domednumbers. Unfortunately, this was the only set he sold. He couldn't get a supplier to step up and supply them on a consistent basis.

That looks cool! My luck the wife would cut herself on it though!

WOW you know whos fault that will be

Brandon

SMP makes trailers. SMP stands for Sweetwater Metal Products. Contact the company and they can send you the non skid tape with the "Malibu" cut out. Try this number:

Telephone: 423-337-3466

FAX: 423-337-4232

Address: 103 Robbins Street

Sweetwater Tennessee 37874

Thanks Victor. Thats a big help. I was thinking that I would like to keep it somewhat original.

I'll give that number a try tomorrow..

Brandon