Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally dialed in the new ballast system

wakemitch

We recently took out our MLS tanks and plumbed in bags (1100lbs in each rear, 370lbs under side seats) for surfing in our 2002 Malibu LSV. With that, stock center ballast, wedge, and 400lbs in the bow we got the best wake we have seen out of our boat, with plenty of push and a good lip.

It's no wakesurf boat, but the wake doesnt limit me from any tricks. I'm pretty stoked on it.

post-10722-0-15454500-1342891506_thumb.j

post-10722-0-55380200-1342891518_thumb.j

post-10722-0-96994200-1342891532_thumb.j

Edited by wakemitch

I'm guessing you mean 1100's right? How many people out each day? I JUST finished my surf side ballast install as well. Will be posting pictures soon.

Nice pics!

I have the same boat and model year and I am getting ready to spec and install a surf ballast package. Can you give the full details of your system? The 370 under center seat is that both sides or surf side? Which bag did you use. The 400 in the bow is that lead or water filled bag? Where did you put it? did you install extra pumps for the center and bow tanks? Any info you can give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I'm sure my dad will post about the install in another thread if he hasnt already.

We use the Flyhigh Tube Sac (370lbs) on each side under the seats. And we use a Flyhigh V-drive sac manually filled in the bow on the side we are surfing.

We only put weight on the side we are surfing. The boat HATES weight on the wrong side (it washes out really bad).

Everything is plumbed except the 400 in the bow.