Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Cover Differences and Vinyl Discoloration

nownow

So I've been reading a lot about this vinyl discoloration, and I've actually seen a small section of it on a friend's '08 VLX. My question here, though, revolves around the factory cover.

My '12 has a black cover, Malibu Boats logo, rubber vents over the windshield, and a boat-vent-II over the support pole. There is a white fabric backing cloth on the areas that come in contact with the sun deck and with the windshield. Is this consistent with the covers from previous years or is it a new feature in '12? I've read a lot about putting towels on the sun deck, etc, but it seems to me that this cloth backing would do the same thing.

I also think I've read that there are two different factory covers (sunbrella and not?) any I'm trying to understand if one's worse for discoloration, etc.

Again, I'm really just curious if the fabric backing is new, or if everyone's factory covers have that.

Having had no issues yet, I'm obviously watching this closely since I'm on a lift, the stern of the boat points southwest, and I'm not permitted to have a covered lift on tis lake.

Thanks...

i have 2 covers for my 2010 lsv,the factory & a custom cover,that when covered it looks like a huge fishing boat.this cover covers the tower---everything.the big cover does not touch any of the cushions ,at ALL.the discolor is there with either cover.but goes away after a short while.So, my conclusion is it is just the seat materials. also the big cover is a light tan color.& very well vented.my factory cover also has some white material in noted spots

Everyone has theory's, no one is sure. Mine was doing it bad, but only in direct sunlight, didn't happen when covered and out of the sun. The rear compartment skins were replaced, and there has not been an issue since. Also a couple people with evolution covers also reported the same issue, so it's not just the cover