Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SV23 hull vs V25

Smalsv

I own a 2001 LSV 23. It obviously has a SV23 hull. I'm just wondering: for you guys that have owned both hull designs, how much real difference is there in the wake (for both wake boarding and surfing). I ride with a buddy of mine that owns a Ski Centurion 22V. Real nice surf wake, but it just isn't the boat a Malibu is. I'm very curious if the V25 is 25%, 35%, or better wake for surfing? What is your opinion of the difference? I have a descent wake, but because of the hull design (originally designed for flat slalom wake), it is rather difficult to get the surf wake that I truly desire. I'm not complaining, I'm just making a statement and am very curious as to what your experiences are with both hull designs.

Are you sure about your statement? I could be wrong, but my understanding was different than yours. I know there is clearly a different hull for Wakesetters. I'm no Malibu expert, so educate me on the hulls of both the 23 LSVs and 23 Wakesetters. My pride flag is down.

At the top of the page, click on resources, then specifications. It will have a list on years, models and hull types.

Your hull start in 2000 to 2003 for both Sunscape 23LSV (2000 Escape LSV) and Wakesetter 23LSV with a V25 Diamond 22'6" long and 97" beam.

In 2004 the hull became a true 23 foot and 100" beam. The Sunscape got the V25 Diamond and the Wakesetter got the V25 Wake hull.

Your specs here:

Thanks CumminsBu. great information. As I expected, you were correct. Now: I guess my real question is the difference between the "Wake" hull and Diamond hull. I'm sure it is a deeper V hull that obviously produces more wake by displacement and a deeper "cutting" effect of the water. What is our readers experience with both and just how different is the two?

The diamond hull has reverse chines. The wake hull doesn't. The chines give lift to the rear of the hull at higher speeds, 30+. They have little or no effect at wakeboard speeds. For surfing, I doubt they do a thing.

Thus if you ski and want a vdrive the diamond hull is the way to go.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the wake and diamond hulls are the down-turned chines on the diamond

which help create lift at higher speeds. But, since surfing is a low speed sport, the lift produced by the diamond

design is likely negligible when surfing.