Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response txi vs lxi

So I did a demo on the txi last week and really liked the response. Right now I have a sunsetter and thinking of getting into something a little newer and considering the response. I'm not sure if I want to dish out the money for a new txi or go with an lxi in the 2009-2011 range. So my question is, has anyone been behind both that could give a comparison?

Thanks

I sold my 2005 LXI for the 2012 TXI. The wake on the TXI is slightly better than the 2005. The hole shot is much better. Spent a week at ski school back in 2010. They had a 2010 LXI. The wake on the 2010 seemed much harder and larger than my 2005. So I can only imagine the same is true for the 2009-2011 vs the TXI.

I sold my 2005 LXI for the 2012 TXI. The wake on the TXI is slightly better than the 2005. The hole shot is much better. Spent a week at ski school back in 2010. They had a 2010 LXI. The wake on the 2010 seemed much harder and larger than my 2005. So I can only imagine the same is true for the 2009-2011 vs the TXI.

Curious if anyone has done any barefooting longline behind the TXI yet? would love to hear any thoughts in comparison to the 2005 vintage boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selling my '04 RLXi and am considering moving to a '12 TXi. Our local promo guy was nice enough to invite me out to his place yesterday so I was able to spend some time both behind the wheel and the boat.

It's a totally different feel in the driver's seat. The sight lines are much better and there's no comparison in its tracking ability. Storage is the same. Not sure I'm sold on MTC. I just don't like the idea of having too many electronics in a boat and especially not something with a touch pad on it.

I ski'd it at 34mph both 22 and 28-off. I have a bad habit of riding the tail of my ski so I don't cut through the wakes as much as I really should be. There is a bit of a hop behind my '04 at 22-off that I feel, which goes away at 28-off. Behind the TXi the feeling was the same at both lengths - nothing.

We also threw a couple of fat sacs in and wake surfed. I'd never tried it before, but I can say I'm already hooked. I was debating between an SN 200 and a TXi before Saturday, but being able to fill up a couple of sacs and surf on days with the wally's are chopping up good water is a huge plus for me and I don't see being able to do that with a 200.

Mike

Curious if anyone has done any barefooting longline behind the TXI yet? would love to hear any thoughts in comparison to the 2005 vintage boat.

Yup. I would like to know as well as I hope to own a TXi down the road pending on its barefoot performance. I heard is very similar to the 03-06 except a tad better. Soft, but most people said they didnt ski long line that much yet.

Edited by jaciche

I completely agree with this since we came from an '05 Rlxi as well. The other thing we've found is the rough water ride is much better in the Txi that the Lxi. I did notice that the Txi only tops out at about 44 mph vs. about 47 on the Lxi. personally, I don't care about top speed but some may, so I thought I'd mention it.

I put a new O.J. prop on my 07 yesterday and one of my buds said the wake is better. I don't know! I need to ski it a little longer.

13 X 11.5 3 blade XMP My stock prop was showing bad signs of cavitation.

Not sure I'm sold on MTC. I just don't like the idea of having too many electronics in a boat and especially not something with a touch pad on it.

Mike

I totally agree, but I guess we don't have a lot of choice about that. The new electronics have proven to be quite a headache for me and I don't have the touchscreen stuff. I'm not a fan.

As far as the hull goes, I understand that they tried to make the TXi track better, better handle having only a driver (not list so badly with just one person in the boat), and improve the wake at 22-off and at slower speeds. I only skied behind a TXi at 34mph/28off and it was as good or better than my 08RLXi.

As far as the hull goes, I understand that they tried to make the TXi track better, better handle having only a driver (not list so badly with just one person in the boat)

I wonder if they considered plumbing in one of those small "counter balance ballast tanks" under the observer seat...that some of the other mfgs offer.....

Traded up from my 2002 Response LX (step over open bow) to the 2012 TXi......very vey impressed with the TXi.

We typically ski 34- 28, 32, 35 off and the boat is GREAT. The zero-off is rock solid. I think we have only had 16.94 and 16.95 times. We have about 40 hours on it now and just getting to know it.

My wife likes to surf, so we included a power wedge and went with a tower for the kids. With wedge, a single sack on one side, and one person sitting on the sack to handle the rope it actually does well. I will tell you how it does 'footing later this month (Shasta Trip!!!!)......

Likely only keep the tower on for the 'Big Trips'. Four hand knobs and two pivot bolts is all it takes to remove the tower. Most of the time is on the slalom course.

Really Nice. Very versatile boat. Much bigger / more room than the 02.

Life is good.

• Like 2

Quick note on towers, you can order the TXi with either the G3 tower or the Xtreme tower from XTP (typically seen on promo boats for it's forward position and light weight)

The LXi's are great boats, but if you can step up to a brand new boat the TXi is killing it.

Peter :)