Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect pass install touble. HELP!

Hey all,

I am having trouble installing my new Stargazer on my 01 vlx. I have the servo installed no problem. I wired everything up and turned the key and....no power. Everything else has power, but the perfect pass has no power at all. I must have the power or ground or both hooked up wrong. I hooked the purple wire to the ignition where all the other purple wires were going to. I took off one of the wires and then piggy backed the pp purple wire onto the same small screw, then screwed it back in how it was. For the ground, I could not find the grounding bar. It was dark. I found another bolt and nut coming the the fiberglass from above and grounded it there. Where am I going wrong???

When I turned the key it was incessantly beeping without stopping. please help!

Jeff :cry:

Hi Jeff,

A boat isn't like a car where you can ground off the chassis (fiberglass isn't very electrically conductive). The bolt you tied the ground to probably isn't an actual ground. Try moving the black wire to the ground bar (if you can find it with light). Or, look for where the other black wires go to - that is often a ground point.

HTH!

-Justin

I'd recommend running the ground wire directly to the battery. PP needs a solid ground to work well. This was suggested to me by Florida inboards, where I purchased my pp.