Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sick new cover for my new V-Ride Pic's

Broccoli2

After reading all the posts about the glue (or what ever it is) messing up the rear deck.. I didn't want to have any issues, this should keep the really hot air up by the tower and it should breath out. I also keep my boat outside and the way the cover goes around the tower will not keep water and dust out. So I had this thing made. It's all sunbrella with a 10 year warranty. This guy made the cover on my last boat and lasted until I sold it.. The only problem is (well I haven't taken it off yet) is how heavy the fabric is and i'm sure it will be kinda a pain to put on. The plan is to use the grey one the dealer gave us if we are going to use the boat again with in the week.

Kinda looks like an off shore fishing boat

photo2-7-1.jpg

photo1-9-1.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

• Like 2

Wish my side yard was this big. I like it.

This is my solution until I build a garage on the side here, a cover that would go over the tower would be awesome

502473c4.jpg

Exactly why I refused to buy in an HOA. Last house on a cul de sac. On a hill, not to bad from the street. If I took the pic straight on, the mini palm tree would be dead center in from of it.

0dbbfe12.jpg

Eventually I want to build a garage in that area, but until then, I need to find a canvas guy out here to build an over the tower cover. Keeps everything clean

Exactly why I refused to buy in an HOA. Last house on a cul de sac. On a hill, not to bad from the street. If I took the pic straight on, the mini palm tree would be dead center in from of it.

0dbbfe12.jpg

Eventually I want to build a garage in that area, but until then, I need to find a canvas guy out here to build an over the tower cover. Keeps everything clean

Looks great from that view...we start contruction on the guest house/pool house in Feb that will also allow us to store the VLX for the winter. If there is such a thing here in TX...

I have a similar cover for my LSV and two options you might want to consider are screened air vents and a zippered hatch on one side (to allow you quick access to get your cell phone etc).

Home depot used to sell them, this one I bought at the swap meet. Same quality, cost $200 for everything. Could've purchased a front with a zipper to close it, but the boat sticks out the front a couple feet. On my 2002 vlx, when I took off the swipstep, it fit perfectly. Can't remove the power wedge, so the boat sticks out a bit now. The guy at the swap meet would've customed one to fit perfect, but I was in such a hurry as I had to get my boat out of storage, or pay another month, which wasn't cheap

Yeah, winters here are pretty mild, with out whole 7 days of rain and 70 degree weather. We have it rough :)

Edited by wakebrdr94

I have a similar cover for my LSV and two options you might want to consider are screened air vents and a zippered hatch on one side (to allow you quick access to get your cell phone etc).

LOL, good advice...I can't tell you how many times at the end of a long hot day, I have just finished covering and strapping down my boat cover, only to realize I have left my wallet or cell phone in the boat's glove box! ARRGGGGGGGHHHHH!! Always

pisses me off to no end! That would help to alleviate my stupidity!