Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 Response RPM gauge fell out, Fixes?

gregy

The RPM gauge fell out of my 99 response. When I looked at it the studs were broke off the back of the gauge. Anyone else have this problem. I was thinking of using JB weld or other epoxy to glue the studs back on. Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?

Make sure you epoxy the studs straight, otherwise you will have a difficult time lining up the holes in the dash....or maybe time for PP :D.

Had the same problem. I cut some thin strips of 3M double faced tape and stuck the instrument to the dash. Worked great. I removed once to see how hard it would be to take off and stuck it back with the tape. A thin strip under the bezel and good as new.

Edited by Dave SML VA

Dave I thought about trying double sided tape as well.

Joe, I was planning on putting Perfect Pass soon. Probably in the next couple of weeks. I wasn't sure what gauges I would need. My buddies mastercraft 205 has PP installed and we use the tack a lot. So I figured I would replace Speedo gauge with the PP gauge, is this typical, I haven't install PP before on a boat.

Thanks, Greg