Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Using snowboard bindings and boots

dcav88

I was looking to buy a new board recently and saw that hyperlite sells what they call "system bindings". They look exactly like snowboard bindings. I had an extra pair of brand new Burton synchro's as well as a really light weight boot. I have to admit, the control and support is unbelievable. Don't pay hundreds of dollars for hyperlite gear if you already have snowboard equipment.

So you've used your snowboard boots and bindings on your wakeboard? I'd think draining and drying could be an issue...

Not at all. I had that concern at first but it hasn't been a problem. Snowboard boots are pretty waterproof. I mean, they do have to handle melting snow at the end of the day.

My main concern would be my leg breaking before the boots let go. I'm not a very good wake boarder but I've come out of my boots before. I imagine a wipeout from a big jump would exert more force than the fall the ejected me.

My main concern would be my leg breaking before the boots let go. I'm not a very good wake boarder but I've come out of my boots before. I imagine a wipeout from a big jump would exert more force than the fall the ejected me.

HL's theory with this is that the most likely time you'll break something is when only one foot comes out of your boots, allowing the big wakeboard to torque your remaining leg around. So in theory you want to be able to guarantee either both feet coming out or no feet coming out. They went with no feet coming out on the systems. Plus it's worked alright that way for snowboarders for years.