Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Customer service rocks - vinyl replacement update

bamabonners

Got a call from my dealer yesterday. Malibu is replacing all vinyl skins on the sunpad AND sending me a new grey cover.

Also, I had a small 2 inch tear on the corner of one of the seatbacks in the bow. It looks to have to split due to lack of padding and stress on the area. Dealer is waiting on word from Malibu to see if they they will replace that skin as well.

I do believe that Malibu has a problem with the vinyl, but they could easily have said hell no on replacing it because I keep it outside, not factory cover, blah blah blah - but they didn't. they replaced it and threw in a new cover.

Furthermore, speaking of great customer service. My dealer was telling me that another customer of theirs just had a boat returned from Malibu factory where Malibu replaced all the vinyl on interior for free. That boat was something like a 2008 model. That is unreal.

• Like 2

I agree - we never hear about all the positive experiences.

I have had a number of issues, and Malibu has always done the right thing and stands behind their product.

Thanks for sharing

How long did it take to get that response? I am still waiting to find out if a split seam will be covered on my 2009.

about a week and a half, but my dealer is only about 2 hours from the factory is in contact with them alot.

Of course they took care of it for you......

1.) you have a 2011 under warranty

2.) aren't you going to by a bigger on from them? IIRC

Like they are going to not push they hell out of the warranty issue when you potentially spent over 140k with them in the past couple years?

anyways, glad you got your stuff fixed

I have a 2010 vlx and Malibu has replaced the skins on the engine hatch, and is going to replace the other skins that come in contact with the cover. Rest of the work will be done at the end of the season so I can use the boat now. Malibu has always done a good job as far as I'm concerned. Dealer was checking on replacing the cover as well, but I have not had an issue with the new vinyl since the replacement

My experience on my 2006 was a little different. I had the same vinyl-discoloration-caused-by-the-black-factory-cover a few years ago and Malibu was completely non-responsive. They asked for all of the affected skins to be removed by my dealer, sent to the factory and then they would determine who was at fault. If they decided it wasn't them, we were SOL and the boat would be unusable during the evaluation time, which was right in the middle of summer.

My dealer (TNT Watersports in TN) stepped up and ended up covering the cost of the repairs since Malibu didn't. I was very satisfied with the outcome of the process but the credit goes to the dealer and not to Mailbu directly. Maybe they have changed their warranty position on the vinyl issues, but until I hear about more dealers offering this kind of service, I'll be skeptical this was all Malibu's doing and suspect it was mostly the dealer.

I certainly hope Malibu has changed their mind on these kinds of issues.

Of course they took care of it for you......

1.) you have a 2011 under warranty

2.) aren't you going to by a bigger on from them? IIRC

Like they are going to not push they hell out of the warranty issue when you potentially spent over 140k with them in the past couple years?

anyways, glad you got your stuff fixed

They take care of all their customers this way. They actually fought to get malibu to replace the entire interior on a 2008, plus fix some spider cracks in the gel coat. Malibu never fixes spider cracks, but they did on this one. That boat is out of warranty, yet malibu fixed it.

Like I said before, a good dealer will take care of you no matter what and go to bat for you when you need it. They do it because word of mouth spreads about good dealers, not just bad ones.

Love reading this thread, especially after the "sucks" one you wrote.

Faith restored!

Amen brother! I don't remember ever saying it sucked, just said that it had some things that irritated me. Dealer and I have been working to resolve these issues.

In the end, I would buy another Malibu in a heart beat. :thumbup: