Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insurance

sv3854

The way they explained it to me on the phone and the way the policy reads; they will replace boat and trailer with a new one, UP to the amount of coverage I have purchased. So if my total coverage is $52,000 (boat and trailer), and it is totaled........and I buy a new one for $54,000........then I would pay $2,000.....there is no deductible on the total loss.

Has anyone had any experience with renewing your insurance and having a claim?

I had a $3400 claim last year and was wondering if I should expect a spike.

Or could I go to a new company (like boaters ins.) and they not know about the claim and I perhaps forget to mention it?

Has anyone had any experience with renewing your insurance and having a claim?

I had a $3400 claim last year and was wondering if I should expect a spike.

Or could I go to a new company (like boaters ins.) and they not know about the claim and I perhaps forget to mention it?

I would recommend against 'forgetting to mention a claim'. If you fail to answer any application questions properly you would be at risk of a claim being denied at the worst possible time...... Not worth it in my opinion.

Jeff/Airchair1

Allstate was cheapest for me. Great coverage, $328/yr. + $28/yr. extra will get you actual replacement and up to $100 labor for quick fixes at the lake.