Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insurance

sv3854

Bucrew,

I just got a bill from my insurance company and I am wondering who you are using and what you pay.(if you are willing to share)

I am currently paying a little over $560/year for full year coverage for my 2003 21xti. If that's in the ball park then Ill stick with it, but if I can save some money then I will switch.

I have 300K liability and $40K replacement insurance.

PS: my insurance company charges $130 length to HP charge for my 310 HP.

Thanks for your input.

SV

http://www.skisafe.com/

We were referred to this company by our Malibu dealer. We pay in the mid $300 for similar coverage. I had to join the US Waterski Association to get the rate but the membership was cheap ($10 bucks??). I recall receiving an update from USWA that they had switched their association to another company but I can't recall who it was right now.

Check out Boater's Insurance. There is a link to from Malibu corp site. Not sure if its just on new 05's or not, but they are giving 50% right now. It was by far the best deal on my new boat.

Sea-Safe $428

05 Response LXi - $45,000

Trailer - $3,000

Liability - $300,000

Med. - $10,000

Personal property - $2,500 with a $250 Deductible.

The company the Malibu know recommends was aprox. $100 cheaper for the first year, second year it would go up $200.

The CFO writes commercial Insurance so she works the deals.

Allstate had I good deal also from what I remember also, but there was something to do if there was a total loss that made us stay with Sea-Safe.

Edited by onamission
The company the Malibu know recommends was aprox. $100 cheaper for the first year, second year it would go up $200.

Really. I just signed up with Boaters Insurance last week. If this is true, I can imagine some pretty unhappy BU customers.

BTW, they were $100 less than Westmar.

I use Allstate.

The compant Malibu recommends with the Club Malibu

(I forgot the name, Boaters insurance?), couldn't touch Allstate. Probably has something to do with Home owners policy, good driver, etc.

I've been pleased with Boat US. For $460 I get similar coverage on a '03 wakesetter. It includes coverage for freezing (engine block)...

I use Farmers (who uses Foremost)

36K agreed value, 3000 trailer, I think 10% (so thats 3600) on personal property, 300k liability, medical, etc. for $520.

Plus it's with the same agent I carry my home, car, camper and life insurance. Know the guy for 15 years and we've never had an issue when I need to make a claim.

Here's mine:

05 W LSV, 383 Hammerhead:

Boat and equipment (Replacement Value) $55k

Trailer $3.5K

Personal Effects $2.5K

Fishing and Tackle $2.5K (I guess they'll make money here, this stuff would never be sound on my BU)

Liability $330K

Medical $$10k

Unisured Boaters $300K

Commercail towing and assistance $1K

Boat stored in commercial boat storage, individual units

1% deductable

Annual premium $598.

They wre exactly $100 less than Westmar.

BTW, I have one loss on a 03 XTI loaner boat for $2400.00 from summer 03. We wasted a Boss Billet BU Tower on a new loaner boat. Dealer later opted to put new Skylon on since the Boss was experimental. Good choice too, that tower folded with only a 1 mph hit on a walkway bridge at Lost Isle Whistling.gif

Edited by stewart
Here's mine:

05 W LSV, 383 Hammerhead:

Boat and equipment (Replacement Value)  $55k

Trailer $3.5K

Personal Effects $2.5K

Fishing and Tackle $2.5K  (I guess they'll make money here, this stuff would never be sound on my BU)

Liability $330K

Medical $$10k

Unisured Boaters $300K

Commercail towing and assistance $1K

Boat stored in commercial boat storage, individual units

1% deductable

Annual premium $598.

They wre exactly $100 less than Westmar.

BTW, I have one loss on a 03 XTI loaner boat for $2400.00 from summer 03.  We wasted a Boss Billet BU Tower on a new loaner boat.  Dealer later opted to put new Skylon on since the Boss was experimental.  Good choice too, that tower folded with only a 1 mph hit on a walkway bridge at Lost Isle  Whistling.gif

I know that bridge!!

I went through Am Fam. I have my cars, homeowners, and RV through them as well.

$327 for:

actual cash value boat and motor with $1000 deductible

1 mill liability

5K medical

5K personal effects

The liability coverage is the most important part for me.

I go through state farm as well but I want to get away from them. I just moved from WI to MN and they made me switch my boat policy and charged me an additional $150 with no change in values. They said that it is higher risk in MN. It should be figured on the individual boater's risk, not the risk of the boaters in this state. WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO TO YOUR BOATS HERE??!?!?!?!?! I was pretty pissed.

The boat is still registered in WI and will be for as long as possible; I have up to 90 days. Here is my question... is there any advantage to switching to MN registration any sooner. I am kinda risking it right now... I have 2006 WI registration decal with the old owner's MI numbers and I keep the boat in MN. I'm sure I'll get pulled over soon. I hate the DNR.

Insurance rates are crazy. I have my Skier with Statefarm, about $265. When I bought my Sportster, I was with Statefarm, about $535. I switched my Sporster to Skisafe last year, about $325. I asked them for a price for the Skier, about $350 for half the coverage they quoted on the Sportster. Go figure. I stayed with Statefarm on the old boat and have Skisafe on the new boat.

I've been with Am Fam for years. Best price I've found. I have all my insurance (except life) with them- house, cars, ATV's, camper, umbrella.

04 WS VLX- $448/yr

$48K boat w/full replacement

$4K trailer

$500K liability

$5K personal property

$10K medical

$500 deductible

• 3 weeks later...

This thread got me to thinking about my renewal, so I checked into it. Turns out last year I had moved a couple times without updating my address with SkiSafe so I never renewed the policy. Oops.gif Lucky me I didn't need it.

Just reinsted the policy with Ski Safe for $373.

$37,500 agreed value

$1500 equipment

$500 deductible

$100k liability

For me, Boaters Insurance was about half State Farm, and significantly better coverage.

Recently reevaluated and maybe should have stayed with the agreed value of 35k although boat was 5 yrs old. Was at 580/yr 300 liab. 10k med etc. Stated value now is 22k and will pay 235/yr with Usaa. also got the umbrella liability for 1mil everyone recommended so highly on MBO last year. only 300/ yr, great for some peace of mind. Is there a difference between agreed value and replacement value?

Ok I see that a lot of people have the agreed value.

I have heard that you will get a better price for you boat if you have a 100% loss.

I had asked my agent if I had 40k and in 3 yrs will I still get that price and if not how do's the insurance come up with the new agreed amount price. Well I did not get a straight out answer.

What I have a problem with is that there willing to take you money on a high value but may not give you that much in the end.

RTFM.gif

What do you all know about agreed value?

100% replacement for boat and trailer is the way to go, it cost almost nothing to go that way..........stuff can happen.