Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf wave behind the Axis A22

freeride22

Has anyone surfed behind an A22? I currently have an 01 Wakesetter VLX and kicking around the idea of upgrading. Would love to get into an 06-08 VLX but for the same $$ I can most likely get a brand new or slightly used Axis. I have seen the wake for wakeboarding and that looks legit. Just wondering if anyone has surfed behind one and any feedback.

I surfed behind an '11 A22 last year with stock ballast (I think) and it was relatively easy to surf behind. Normally, I don't surf, so I'm a beginner in that respect and I did it no problem.

I've got a ton of great pictures surfing behind my A22. Someone explain to me how to upload them and I'll post them up. With the A22, you have to weigh the nose nice and heavy. If you weigh it right, you can get a very very good clean wave.

I've got a ton of great pictures surfing behind my A22. Someone explain to me how to upload them and I'll post them up. With the A22, you have to weigh the nose nice and heavy. If you weigh it right, you can get a very very good clean wave.

you upload to somewhere like photobucket or tinypic (which is free and easy) and then use the link to click the image button on the forms to enter the url and post your photos.

Might want to consider waiting a couple of years to get surfgate on the AXIS. 2013??? I think is what is floated around for appearance on the Axis

8524734_bigthumb.jpg

8524736_bigthumb.jpg

Man, it's cumbersome to upload pics and link to them. Hahaha

That looks like you have a pretty good wave going Chattwake! Love the tandem session...we were doing that the other day as well...kids love it! Thanks for sharing the pic's...even though it wasn't as easy as you had hoped! :cheers:

If you post things on Facebook you can link to them easily (although the link changes after a long time). Just find the pic on Facebook, right click the picture and choose properties, then copy the link in Address (URL). Use the media tag to post here (the image icon at the top).

I also surf an A22, stock ballast, wedge down and pnp. lots of weight in the nose with factory ballast, no extra weight or people to. The wake is not super tall but nice and long. I have the wedge down to try and build it up some more but all and all pretty good for getting a bit of air and spinning 360's.

I get up with extra riders by standing on the board while it is under water, getting whoever is going to ride with me to stand in front of me in the water. I put my arms around them and hold the rope. I ask the driver to idle until the board starts to rise up under water. I focus on keeping my balance and then crush up my knees (this is usually when whoever is riding with me can touch the board with their feet too). I lean back and just get the driver to pop us out of the water. Once up, I just get the other rider to move towards the front of the board and stand still. I then adjust my stance to keep the weight evenly distributed and toss the rope. The important part is having the board under you, like way under water, and not try to lean back with the board on the surface.

Alright, share the secret on how you initially get up with the extra riders? I want to try this!

With a kid, you just put them in front of you with your feet up on the board. Sometimes if they are tall enough you can have their feet up there to. It really is easier than you think. If the kid is really small you pinch them between your elbows while the rope pulls you up then let them down on the board with whichever arm isn't holding the rope.